Page 123 of 282 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 123

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    So, I have a question for ya'll. What do you do for exercise? I find it difficult doing many things being over weight, significantly. Walking it great. I have been doing some of the things mark sent out in a recent news letter. ie: wall push ups and wall squats.

What works well for you? I'll probably find it uneccesary to "formally" workout come garden season, especially in the first month, but I am wanting to do more NOW besides stacking and re stacking my hay stack for no reason other than to move
    I do body rows (pullups from a low hung barbell), barbell pushups (pushups on a low hung barbell), squats, stationary lunges, box steps (step up on box to isolate specific muscles - prescribed by my chiropractor), lateral leg raises (lay on side, raise top leg 20 times - prescribed by my chiropractor), bridges (lay on back, knees bent, lift hips til by body forms a straight line, squeeze butt on way up - prescribed by my chiropractor). I do two or three sets of each, in a round-robin/circuit training fashion so that I'm always moving and never resting. When there is no longer any muscle soreness the next day, I either increase reps or add weight. Doing 70 lb squats now with no next-day soreness, so time to step it up. Takes about 15 minutes to do 2 sets of everything. I also ride the bike at a moderate pace (20 minutes) or walk (45-60 min). Today I plan to run a mile because I haven't run in a long time and I wanna. Then I'll walk the remaining time to fill 45 minutes. I do some combination of all of this (either strength or "cardio") 5x a week. I also walk to the gym (1 mile round trip). I also strive for 10,000 steps each day.

My chiropractor prescribed those particular movements to help me isolate and strengthen my glutes to reduce nerve pinching in my piriformis (sciatica).

But don't let this fool you... I'm sedentary...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Gladmorning, I walk every day, I bike when the weather and my schedule permit, ski when I get a chance. I was sprinting once a week but kept getting hurt so have stopped at least until ski season ends. Do some push ups sometimes just up against my kitchen counter when I walk by. I do squats while brushing my teeth 3 times a day. However, too many squats led to hip dysplasia which had me limping for weeks until my hip decided to stay back in place. It continues to pop out on occasion. I am actually looking for a way to build my hip abductor muscles without having to resort to joining a gym again. I try doing pull ups on a tree branch but I suck at that. I swim when I can. Swimming is am awesome way to tone everything. I wish I could afford to swim daily. My plan is to start Marks Primal Fitness but for some reason I never get around to doing it. Not really sure why I love exercise.
    Last edited by Primal123; 02-14-2013 at 09:38 AM.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Gladmorning, I find that I am incorporating exercise intodoing everyday things. Need something out of a lower cupboard? Squat and stand back up without relying on pulling yourself up. Takes a while to get your muscles strong enough but I no longer have to hold on. getting something out of an upper cupboard calls for stretches. stuff like that. I don't blame you for not wanting to restack hay. Bad enough when you first do it. Those bales are HEAVY.

InSearchOfAbs.............yup, that says this isn't the first time this person has spouted off.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post

InSearchOfAbs.............yup, that says this isn't the first time this person has spouted off.
    I don't visit the forums (except for this thread and the journals) so I have no idea who you're talking about. Someone should PM me.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    done

>runs<

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Since this person obviously reads this thread, she'll see it. Pisses me off that I was called to task for something nowhere near like this but no one said anything to this person about this hateful rant.

I get more exercise on a daily basis than she does going to Crossfit, unless she also lifts hay bales, timbers, shovels dirt, etc, etc, etc.
    I just responded to the person in question.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    That's a good idea honeybuns. I move every single day. Whether it's outside in the barn or at my job. I had a great "workout" the other day moving a big round bale into the barn. The hay ring was stuck under about a foot of old matted hay. Took me (more than I'd like to admit) about 20 minutes to push/pull it up. I know some of you are probably like "what the hell is she talking about." But, it involved a tractor, hay, and lots of cow crap I considered getting the tractor to pull it out, but I did it myself.

I miss the ease of just going to the gym and playing on the weight machines until I was tired. So easy.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Palpitations I get them from both low magnesium and low iron during my period. For magnesium, I use Natural Calm, a powder that absorbs quickly 300-400mg. I take one iron pill daily and two during my period.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Well, I don't believe that I am eating dinner tonight. I have pretty much ate all my protein grams between breakfast and lunch today minus 7 of them. I have about 20 some grams of fat and I'm really feeling like a foul mood is settling in. Not sure if its PMS or if this is a result of the fried mushrooms from last night. I really just don't care about anything today and I'm feeling a crying fit want to start up.
    Georgette

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Ya know, today I am not going to worry about tracking and calculating every single bite that goes into my mouth. For the past week, I haven't even come CLOSE to getting over 1200 calories. So, for today. I just don't care. My body has basically told me off. No more eating. Do I have cravings? Oh hell yes. Do I cave to them? No. Do I get hungry a lot anymore? Nope. Here's to a worry free day!
    I am finding it difficult to track today as well. Hard to track soup. I have probably maxed my carbs or gone a little over. I KNOW I am short fat and protein. This evening will end with some BPC. I am still eating primally today but tracking is off because its just not a normal day since I am stuck in the classroom until 7:30pm tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal123 View Post
    Ignoring people who say dumb stuff is my plan of action.

For some reason as long as I keep my fat ratio higher I lose weight. I don't now why it works, but it's what works for me
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I don't visit the forums (except for this thread and the journals) so I have no idea who you're talking about. Someone should PM me.
    me too.. feeling left out..LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Metric View Post
    Hey all, I'm going to be joining you guys with NK. I'm epileptic and I'm hoping that I'll be able to possibly have my meds lowered.
    Welcome to our merry little EMF band!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I just responded to the person in question.
    PM me details
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.