Page 122 of 282 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 122

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ya know, today I am not going to worry about tracking and calculating every single bite that goes into my mouth. For the past week, I haven't even come CLOSE to getting over 1200 calories. So, for today. I just don't care. My body has basically told me off. No more eating. Do I have cravings? Oh hell yes. Do I cave to them? No. Do I get hungry a lot anymore? Nope. Here's to a worry free day!
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

PrimalMeatCat is offline Junior Member
    Ok, after several days it has become apparent that I need to eat more. But I am just not hungry. I usually eat 2 or 3 meals (usually 2), the first around 12:00. So today, I attempted to find some decent coffee and try the Bulletproof Coffee thing. Mmmm...Kerrygold butter....

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I know fruit isn't the best thing, but I am not consuming in quantity. Here is what I have been doing for those days I'll be working outside all day.
    Take one can coconut milk, one banana, 1 cup pureed strawberries, a little vanilla. Blend it all together (LOVE my stick blender) pour it into two glasses, keep in the fridge for when I need a shot of energy. This lasts two days with two of us consuming it and does the trick. I take this with me, without the strawberries, when I go on a daylong hike and my energy levels stay consistent.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Why is it that people, not all, that have recently come to this WOE think they have all the answers?

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Ignoring people who say dumb stuff is my plan of action.

For some reason as long as I keep my fat ratio higher I lose weight. I don't now why it works, but it's what works for me since starting primal. 19+ pounds since mid June prior to that 5 pounds in over 2 years. I'd probably have lost more by now but I went through several months of lower fat, low-moderate carb and my weight just bounced around even when I was exercising way more than I am now. Now I consciously make an effort to eat high fat and the weight is trickling down. I am 1 pound from reaching my first mini goal. I used to ride my bike over 100 miles a week, eating healthy but including fruit and grains. I lost NOTHING. Now I walk about 20 miles a week, bike when I can, ski when I can and the weight is coming off. I understand why some people think it's crazy, I think it's crazy. But, the weight I gained while pregnant 8 years ago is finally leaving and my signs of fertility are improving. Hmmm not a hard decision to stick with this a while and see what happens. But I agree I should spend less time on the computer LOL. Not sure why she felt the need to get all judgmental on us though. Guess some people are just miserable, unhappy people and want to share their grief with whomever will listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal123 View Post
    Ignoring people who say dumb stuff is my plan of action.
    Good plan and one I need to adopt.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    My messed up sleep from the other night is starting to catch up with me I think... I've got a case of the yawns and my eyes want to close.

I think it's time to step out for a run.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    My messed up sleep from the other night is starting to catch up with me I think... I've got a case of the yawns and my eyes want to close.

I think it's time to step out for a run.
    See what I did there??? Made a plan to GET OFF MY FAT ASS AND MOVE!!! bwahahahahaha
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    So, I have a question for ya'll. What do you do for exercise? I find it difficult doing many things being over weight, significantly. Walking it great. I have been doing some of the things mark sent out in a recent news letter. ie: wall push ups and wall squats.

What works well for you? I'll probably find it uneccesary to "formally" workout come garden season, especially in the first month, but I am wanting to do more NOW besides stacking and re stacking my hay stack for no reason other than to move
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Honeybuns - isn't it sad that when you posted that hateful thing that person said,
    I knew EXACTLY who it was, searched their name, and it most definitely came up
    as one of their last posts?

Real piece of Elitist work, that one. Sucha great person.

In other news, still doing higher fat and Shangri La - will be weighing in on the 18th
    and reporting back stats then.

And now I'm going to get off my ass and go to the gym, then to Costco, and then
    walk my part time dog job 6 miles.

Boy am I sedentary.

GROUP HUG!

Julie