Page 121 of 282 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 121

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    +1

So the asshat is a she... should probably add that I am no where NEAR menopausal.
    I'm close and yes, group hug is well deserved.
    Georgette

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Since this person obviously reads this thread, she'll see it. Pisses me off that I was called to task for something nowhere near like this but no one said anything to this person about this hateful rant.
    Well, frankly, it is because you are better than that. There is no point trying to talk sense to an asshat. You are not an asshat.

I don't generally go to Klan meetings and try to convince them to adopt interracial relationships. I don't go to AA and tell them how good scotch is. I also don't show up at PETA meetings espousing the values of eating meat. Sometimes it is just not worth the hassle.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Well, frankly, it is because you are better than that. There is no point trying to talk sense to an asshat. You are not an asshat.

I don't generally go to Klan meetings and try to convince them to adopt interracial relationships. I don't go to AA and tell them how good scotch is. I also don't show up at PETA meetings espousing the values of eating meat. Sometimes it is just not worth the hassle.
    wise words..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Whoever the person was used the word "espousing" WAY too much. Get a new vocabulary word, I say.

I'm not menopausal. I'm 22. That was a really awful thing she (whoever she is) wrote. I couldn't help but laugh at it though. That person has NO friends
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

canio6 Guest
    Well, frankly the person had a point it was just misplaced. Sitting around for years at a time saying "Woe is me I am still overweight and here are my list of excuses" is lame as hell. It is what I did pre-primal. It is what many people do. It is akin to "I would do that but I can't give up bread."

It is misplaced because all of you here are trying to change it. Look at the success some people have had fighting off binges that used to derail them for a month or cravings that used to drive them nuts. Look at the inches lost and the pounds dropping. This thread is full of people who may have fit the OP's rant at one time but are taking charge of their lives.

Personally I appreciated what the OP said even if it was tactless as hell because I know it doesn't apply to anyone here.

I am menopausal (42) but even though, seriously?? Since when does one size fit all? I know for a fact n=1 increase carbs and my weight increases too. I tried to follow the choco thing- I went up in weight. Now? I am losing and am happy!
    Karin

Well, frankly the person had a point it was just misplaced. Sitting around for years at a time saying "Woe is me I am still overweight and here are my list of excuses" is lame as hell. It is what I did pre-primal. It is what many people do. It is akin to "I would do that but I can't give up bread."

It is misplaced because all of you here are trying to change it. Look at the success some people have had fighting off binges that used to derail them for a month or cravings that used to drive them nuts. Look at the inches lost and the pounds dropping. This thread is full of people who may have fit the OP's rant at one time but are taking charge of their lives.

Personally I appreciated what the OP said even if it was tactless as hell because I know it doesn't apply to anyone here.
    more wise words??? Oh my.. watch your head as you go through the door today
    Karin

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member

Well said!!

(also agree about the overuse of espouses/espousing)
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Really? At 28, I'm perimenopausal? At 7000-12000 steps a day, I don't move my fat ass? At near ideal weight, I'm "fat"? They obviously read almost as well as that doctor I fired.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

ok ok ok... lets moooove it along!!

<puffy> <3 EMF peeps! Happy Valentines Day!
    Karin