geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    So, am I an MFing SOB (Saint of Bacon?)
    Why yes, yes you are
    Georgette

abc123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    abc123, Sarasota is my favorite place in the whole world. My inlaws live there. We go down once a year.
    ) I agree! Sarasota is paradise, I love it here.. Steady temps around 72 & clear blue sky from Chistmas through today.. unreal

New York is beautiful as well.. The Hudson Valley area is absolutely gorgeous as well, beautiful River, waterfront views.. Leaves change colors in the fall & bloom in the spring.. Aaahhh.. Life is good

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adavison View Post
    Hello All-
    I've been lurking for awhile and would love to join. Been GF for 3 years, started Paleo(no dairy) Jan 6th 2013. Down about 6 pounds, but hungry! So, I thought this might be the right direction. My stats are 37 YOF, 5'9"- 171.8 last weight in. My ideal weight would be 155. I have MFP set at 1300 calories and 70/20/10. This breaks down to 33 carbs, 65 protein and 101 fat. Sound about right? Any advice would be great. Excited to start this new journey.Oh, I have a desk job so I sit ALL day.
    Hi, I think your question got lost in the shuffle. Those numbers look pretty good. Your daily caloric need to maintain is 1865cals
    at 1300 cals you are eating 30% below that. If you find you are still hungry, add another 10 to 15 grams of fat.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    Man it is SO HARD to find high fat ground beef. The grassfed ground at whole foods is always extra lean 90%.
    I highly recommend shopping in the dogfood section of US Wellness meats. They have wonderful blends of meat, liver and heart that are much fattier than regular ground beef.
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    In getting a diet coke, I realize they now taste awful.
    Blech!
    Ok gang we have got to slow down...we have almost 10 pages in the first day.
    PS, I love all these secret EMFers coming out of hiding to report their success. Welcome!
    Yay. Say it loud, say it proud.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Just popping in as a lurker. I'm working on the MF (more fat) part, but not low carb. First step is just replacing white rice with non-grain carbs, then I'll think about reducing carbs. This is for mental health as well as gut health (dealing with chronic constipation for over 4 months now).

I am awaiting test results to see if I have SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth). It can be treated with a HFLC-like diet, or GAPS, but antibiotics are quicker. I would probably do both, for at least a month, so this thread will be my knowledge-collection resource, and I will pitch in with any tips where ever I can.

For one, those dealing with acne: dab tea tree oil on the cysts or white heads twice a day. Make sure not to touch your face! I do not wash my face except with baking soda, once a week. I just rinse in the shower, and lightly dry when I get out.
    Check out a squatty potty stool. Also isnt rice supposed to block up the flow so to speak
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

adavison is offline Member
    Hi, I think your question got lost in the shuffle. Those numbers look pretty good. Your daily caloric need to maintain is 1865cals
    at 1300 cals you are eating 30% below that. If you find you are still hungry, add another 10 to 15 grams of fat.
    Thanks for the response! I was afraid it did get lost. Thanks again!

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    The Chinese buffet was surprisingly easier to navigate than I thought it would be. I threw fat expectation out the window and loaded up on the protein sources that had minimal sauce or glaze with an after thought of green beans and broccoli. I had some hot and sour soup as well, which put me over my carb limit, but I still came out better than I thought I was going to do. Only 50 cal over limit and still under 40g carbs.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Omg. This is a fast moving thread. There is obviously a need for support for us EMFers. Glad you are all here. If your question gets passed over ask it again. It is just moving so fast it might be easy to miss but it is important that we are here for each other!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

How do you determine how many calories you should aim for? MFP is telling me 1200, but that seems oddly low for some reason?

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been on board for 27 days. I had to modify about a week ago and eat more protein and a bit less fat because even though I hit the macros every day and tracked every little bit of food...I kept gaining.

Anyway, no terrific weightloss success for me. I've bounced around the same kilo up and down this entire time. BUT.....I'm not quitting. I've lost four total inches, been inspired thanks to a new FitBit to walk everyday and generally be more active. The inflamed tendon in my left foot seems to be less "floppy" and irritated. I feel really good and well-nourished. I just had bloodwork done and next week will hit the doc office to see if my historically teetering-on-the-edge-of-low thyroid is finally low enough to be causing trouble. I also may be one of the lucky 1% who gain weight on Efexor. If the thyroid isn't malfunctioning, I'll tell the doc I want to switch Happy Pill prescriptions.

I am SO GLAD so many are having great success!