Page 117 of 281 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2806

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 117

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by loves walking View Post
    I thought this thread was not about putting people down. I guess I was wrong about that..............
    No one is putting anyone down. If you're talking about Choco, that is a whole different animal entirely.
    Georgette

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lala70 View Post
    Not sure what that means? I must be missing something.
    Me too...

Also confused...
    Unless this is about someone refering to Choco (who is not even a part of this thread because he bashes HFLC every chance he gets) as a Know it All...

And they probably did that because they have more experience with him than you.
    He has been telling people that HIS way is the only right way to do things on this forum for years.
    Before I even joined.
    And he has changed what his version of the RIGHT way is several times.
    But rest assured, HIS WAY, which is what works for a 26 yr old dude... works equally well for EVERYONE> no matter what.

Calling him a Know It All is not a put down, it's an assessment of his personality in a thread where he's probably never going to see it.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Eh, perhaps. Personally, I am not a fan. As Gopintos said in the 45+ thread, she ignored Choco for a long time because people put him down, but his way works for her. Is he always right? No. Is his approach always the best? No. But he gives advice which works for many. Talking shit about him in any thread (outside of your journal) is frankly off putting. I would not like to have to navigate the landmines of this forum without the knowledge of the personalities because given which threads you read you might very well think some posters who contribute good material are full of shit, and that is unfortunate as you very well might miss the piece of advice that works for you.

Anyway, I have read enough of the nutrition forum the last day or two to know I should retreat back to the journals to avoid the bs. Have fun ladies (and the one or two guys who are left) and good luck.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

This my 2 cents on bashing others for what they are doing to get healthier. #1 Don't bash it until you've tried it. #2 Be open and understand that what works for you, may not work for someone else. We'e all individuals. Treat everyone with respect or STFU.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    This my 2 cents on bashing others for what they are doing to get healthier. #1 Don't bash it until you've tried it. #2 Be open and understand that what works for you, may not work for someone else. We'e all individuals. Treat everyone with respect or STFU.
    Yes.

Although I will say that I also agree with Canio.
    Perhaps this is not the best place for venting frustrations with HFLC bashers, or at least not in such a personal manner as was done.
    After I read Canio's post I read back through the comments and rethought the issue.

Apologies to whoever was offended by our, or at least my, lack of tact.
    I do mean that.

He has been rude to me many, many, times and the fact that I continue to try and have rational conversation with him is my own personal issue. My frustration at that does not belong here.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    *points at her own signature*

hehe.

lala70 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    *points at her own signature*

hehe.
    +1

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Yes.

Although I will say that I also agree with Canio.
    Perhaps this is not the best place for venting frustrations with HFLC bashers, or at least not in such a personal manner as was done.
    After I read Canio's post I read back through the comments and rethought the issue.

Apologies to whoever was offended by our, or at least my, lack of tact.
    I do mean that.

He has been rude to me many, many, times and the fact that I continue to try and have rational conversation with him is my own personal issue. My frustration at that does not belong here.
    I agree with everything you said. After about 5 minutes with you-know-who once, I just said screw this. I have better fish to fry. This is when you have to learn what battles to fight and what battles to just let lie.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    I apologize for starting this, but I did not feel a 26 year old male had any business telling a 45 year old post-menopausal female how to do it right.
    My opinion. If Canio is going to hate anyone, it should be me.
    No, not Canio...
    It was this remark that prompted my apology/feelings/statement on appropriate remarks in this open thread (i.e. non-journal).
    Quote Originally Posted by loves walking View Post
    I thought this thread was not about putting people down. I guess I was wrong about that..............
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Uh, yeah, how about I hate no one? Seriously, it is an internet forum not genocide. I think a wise woman named honeybuns once posted, "Lighten up folks"

Y'all have fun and much success.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony