Page 114 of 282 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 114

mks8500 is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I think it is a great idea to do 30 days, you might want to put the numbers on a graph, maybe even on clear sheets so you can lay them on top of each other and see if there is a correlation.

generally, I think the rough guidelines for macros is for fat to be twice as much as protein and for carbs to be half as much as protein. I fear if protein gets too low you risk losing LBM. Which of course is a problem with low calorie diets that this WOE is trying to avoid. Given those guidelines, the macros on the 11th are pretty spot on, and the results on the 12th look pretty good as well (given we don't know what happened macro wise on the 8th to give you the best ketosis number on the chart)

I didn't think about adding the 8th. I have that info and will go back and edit. Duh! It was 120, 89, 20. :-/

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    so trying to get your carbs even lower doesn't at this point look necessary right? Nor does lowering your protein? I think a 30 day graph will be very helpful.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    What do you do when you suddenly hate your food? Or am I the only person this happens to?

Last night I found a new recipe/method for cauliflower mash that I really thought would make that dish work for me. Mashed potatoes is probably the thing I miss the most during VLC. (I never miss bread or pasta anymore, I never thought mashed potatoes would be my sticking point but there it is.) I made it and it all seemed fine, but then I tried to eat it and I almost barfed. Like seriously had to run to the kitchen sink because I thought I was gonna toss my cookies. Then I couldn't bear to eat it or my roast beef that was in the bowl with it, and basically felt revolted and nauseated by everything I had in the kitchen and had a full scale panic about it.

Then I went to In n Out and had a burger and fries. >.>

This sudden onset of food revulsion happens to me once or twice a month, and it does usually seem to be centered around me trying to "try new things!" or "eat a variety!" because I am so habitual and unvaried in my eating and feel like I need to change it up. Rarely goes well. Sometimes, it will conversely happen because I've eaten something too many days in a row.

Am I just damn weird? :*(

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Goddammit, I want some sweet potato fries! Hrmph. I think I just need some food fat.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I eat the same basic thing every day. As time goes on I will tend to alter a little piece of it, so that by the end of a few months it is totally different, but I didn't realize it. I always end up with some kind of smoothie for breakfast

My comment to you about the mashed potatoes, is to just take a small potato, bake it, take the insides and turn them into mashed and get it over with. No where near as bad as the bun on that burger, or those fries (although you certainly could have done fries at home and been better off).

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    my little darlings came today bearing chocolate valentines and candy bouquets because there is no school tomorrow! oh dear...
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Oh well, I never eat a bun at in n out. The fries for the full serving is something like 45 carbs, so it's not too big a deal.

if I could, I would eat a mashed potato as you described EVERY SINGLE DAY FOREVER. lol. :3

maybe i should just do it until i get tired of it. i would give up every other carb in my day that i possibly could to get that mashed potato at dinner.

i think i am a little insane. :P

Qqemokitty: How did you make your mashed cauliflower? Did you add butter and salt?

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal Betty View Post
    Qqemokitty: How did you make your mashed cauliflower? Did you add butter and salt?
    I microwaved it with heavy cream and butter and salt, then ran it in a food processor with sharp cheddar.

The texture was excellent, much better results than previous attempts where I boiled the cauliflower with water on the stove.

The taste on the other hand, was just as revolting as it has been on my previous attempts. Sort of... sweet and offputting.

It's strange because I love cauliflower. But every time I make it as a mash, it turns sickly sweet and disgusting. o.o

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Sort of having a moment where I am considering a binge. It may be small but something nonetheless. It's in my journal if any any of you want to read about it.
    Georgette