Page 113 of 282 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 113

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    The extra weight I gained the other day has left. Ah hormones! Generally, it takes about a week or more for it to disappear so I'm happy. EMF sure makes keeping my calories in check easy. I have not tracked my calories for a week but I feel like I am probably continuing to be under my daily goal. I'll try tracking tomorrow. Also it makes it so easy for me not to cheat. I am making cakes for my daughter's sports team and I generally would have been sampling here there and everywhere. NOT this time! Yay.

Hope everyone is having a great day so far.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    I'm down a pound to 146 this morning. I was 151.5 on January 1st so while this may be slow, I'm inching back to thev142 I was last September. YAY! I guess that digestive cleanse yesterday was helpful!
    WHOOT WHOOT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Primal123 View Post
    The extra weight I gained the other day has left. Ah hormones! Generally, it takes about a week or more for it to disappear so I'm happy. EMF sure makes keeping my calories in check easy. I have not tracked my calories for a week but I feel like I am probably continuing to be under my daily goal. I'll try tracking tomorrow. Also it makes it so easy for me not to cheat. I am making cakes for my daughter's sports team and I generally would have been sampling here there and everywhere. NOT this time! Yay.

Hope everyone is having a great day so far.
    WHOOT WHOOT!!

I love reading successes!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

mks8500 is offline Member
    Hi all. I'm continuing to test the blood ketones and am still working on adding more fat to my macros. It really is a slow process for me for whatever reason. Here's what I've figured out (putting this table in was a PITA) though. Yesterday I tested in the morning and then again at night since many of us have read that ketones can be higher at night. It surely has taken me a long time to get just to the .5 mark today. I am back to losing though which is great but I'm continuing on my quest to find the perfect n=1 for me. I ordered 20 more test strips because I'd like to get 30 days worth of data. What do you think?

8th 9th 10th 11th 12th 13th
    Fat 120 121 106 110 146
    Protein 89 91 79 56 78
    Carbs 20 6 19 24 22
    Ketones .6 .4 .2 .4 / .5 .5

Megan
    Last edited by mks8500; 02-13-2013 at 09:30 AM.

RestlessLegs is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    Welcome Cheryl! I too have restless legs. Where in N. Ca. are you? Your journey is very inspirational.
    Hi Calee,
    I'm northeast of Sacramento, in the Sierra Nevada Foothills - Gold Country. A beautiful place with lots of fun places to hike.

Thanks - I am enjoying this journey. Not there yet, but continuing on.

Like many of you, I have been experiencing more energy eating this way - as well as such a positive mental attitude. Wish the scale would move a tad faster downward, but I'm trying to be patient and celebrate all the good feelings with eating this way.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mks8500 View Post
    Hi all. I'm continuing to test the blood ketones and am still working on adding more fat to my macros. It really is a slow process for me for whatever reason. Here's what I've figured out (putting this table in was a PITA) though. Yesterday I tested in the morning and then again at night since many of us have read that ketones can be higher at night. It surely has taken me a long time to get just to the .5 mark today. I am back to losing though which is great but I'm continuing on my quest to find the perfect n=1 for me. I ordered 20 more test strips because I'd like to get 30 days worth of data. What do you think?

9th 10th 11th 12th 13th
    Fat 121 106 110 146
    Protein 91 79 56 78
    Carbs 6 19 24 22

Megan
    not sure the table is going to come through on this reply, but it looks like your lowest reading went with your lowest fat, and if the trend continues it looks like 110g of fat may be your low threshold? It also looks like creeping up a tad in carbs doesn't have a negative effect?

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member

9th 10th 11th 12th 13th
    Fat 121 106 110 146
    Protein 91 79 56 78
    Carbs 6 19 24 22

Megan
    I think a 30 day experiment is a great idea.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    not sure the table is going to come through on this reply, but it looks like your lowest reading went with your lowest fat, and if the trend continues it looks like 110g of fat may be your low threshold? It also looks like creeping up a tad in carbs doesn't have a negative effect?

9th 10th 11th 12th 13th
    Fat 121 106 110 146
    Protein 91 79 56 78
    Carbs 6 19 24 22

Megan
    I think it actually looks like her highest carb day resulted in her lowest reading. Her lowest fat day was 102 and she got a .4 reading, but her carbs were lower than the .2 day.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I think the 106 is actually the low threshold (but close enough) since the reading on the 11th was in the morning and I'm thinking was based on the foods/macros on the 10th. Right? I'm not sure how quickly the readings can be affected. I haven't freaked as much about the carbs but I am going to try to keep them a little closer to 10-15 AND the fat higher and see whether things rev up. Trying not to play with too much at one time. For me, the % of fat does seem to make a difference. I'd like to have a day that was a combination of the 11th and 12th with the high fat from the 12th but the low protein of the 11th. :-)

Maybe I should've put the ketone reading from the morning with the macros from the day prior. Because I test in the morning that might be screwing up what we're looking at. Hmmm

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I think it is a great idea to do 30 days, you might want to put the numbers on a graph, maybe even on clear sheets so you can lay them on top of each other and see if there is a correlation.

generally, I think the rough guidelines for macros is for fat to be twice as much as protein and for carbs to be half as much as protein. I fear if protein gets too low you risk losing LBM. Which of course is a problem with low calorie diets that this WOE is trying to avoid. Given those guidelines, the macros on the 11th are pretty spot on, and the results on the 12th look pretty good as well (given we don't know what happened macro wise on the 8th to give you the best ketosis number on the chart)