Page 112 of 282 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 112

PrimalMeatCat is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    Ddraig, I don't use a mixer for the eggs. I soften the cream cheese in he micro for a few seconds, then scramble the egg right in that same bowl with a fork. They come out a touch lumpy but makes no difference to me. Still tastes great. I'm allergic to eggs so don't eat them often. The cheese stretches to egg to appear bigger.
    Allergic to eggs, what symptoms do they cause? My Wife has some digestive issues we have been unable to figure out, eggs and nightshades are a couple of things we are thinking of eliminating.

lala70 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    I'm down a pound to 146 this morning. I was 151.5 on January 1st so while this may be slow, I'm inching back to thev142 I was last September. YAY! I guess that digestive cleanse yesterday was helpful!
    Good job!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Well, here's a tip for anyone looking into starting an EMF protocol of their own: don't do it unless you are consistently eating enough. My digestive issues are hinged around deficiencies. I am not absorbing enough Vitamin D, iodine, and not producing enough serotonin, at least. There are probably other things, but I don't know if it would all show up in bloodwork (D and Iodine has). I know I get enough magnesium from the buffered Vitamin C that I supplement with daily (for my digestive issues).

Anyway, I thought I'd start eating HFLC two days ago and took a total dive. I had ice cream two nights ago and woke up incredibly depressed. I took the day off a slept 3 extra hours. I had a burger & sweet potato fries. I started to feel better in the evening after I'd taken my first dose of 5-HTP, but was still hungry since that was all I'd eaten, so I had more ice cream. Of course, I woke up hating everything and with a massive headache today.

Long story short: I have not been eating enough consistently to be able to handle any macro changes in my diet. For now, I'll work on eating more fat, but I am not going to cut carbs at the same time. First: enough food. Then: maybe macros.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Hellllp my sink has a monsterous leak which is leaving it unusable for the time being. My standard breakfast won't fly right now since clean up is too much of a pain. What can I make for meals that require very little clean up? Right now I'm resorting to washing dishes in my bath tub...lol

Devil eggs worked out pretty well, as did a chocolate coconut cream mousse, but I'm struggling with creative options!

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal Betty View Post
    Hellllp my sink has a monsterous leak which is leaving it unusable for the time being. My standard breakfast won't fly right now since clean up is too much of a pain. What can I make for meals that require very little clean up? Right now I'm resorting to washing dishes in my bath tub...lol

Devil eggs worked out pretty well, as did a chocolate coconut cream mousse, but I'm struggling with creative options!
    Eggs requires one pan. As do all egg dishes - omelets, fritatas, crustless quiche requires one pan and a pie pan, bacon/sausage etc one pan. Egg muffins one bowl, one muffin pan.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Eggs requires one pan. As do all egg dishes - omelets, fritatas, crustless quiche requires one pan and a pie pan, bacon/sausage etc one pan. Egg muffins one bowl, one muffin pan.
    That's how I cook eggy deliciousness. I think I may need to make a chicken bacon quiche now!
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Hmm maybe I'll make egg muffins, any idea if you can toss cream cheese in those and have them turn out okay? I'm tempted to try wrapping bacon around the cups...mmm bacon

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    That's how I cook eggy deliciousness. I think I may need to make a chicken bacon quiche now!
    Excellent dinner idea! I am totally making some quiche soon (with bacon...oooo maybe bacon crust).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Excellent dinner idea! I am totally making some quiche soon (with bacon...oooo maybe bacon crust).
    Now you're talkin'! That's some good stuff!
    Georgette

canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal Betty View Post
    Hmm maybe I'll make egg muffins, any idea if you can toss cream cheese in those and have them turn out okay? I'm tempted to try wrapping bacon around the cups...mmm bacon
    An easier way to do this would be...half cook some bacon...put it in muffin tins around the edges/on the bottom. Drop in a few pieces of cream cheese. Break an egg into each cup. Bake until eggs are done and bacon is finished cooking.

As for cream cheese in egg muffins - sorry, I have no idea as I have never tried it.