Page 111 of 282 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2813

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 111

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi PrimalMeatCat!

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I am a little surprised at how quickly i was willing to blame VLC for my sleep issue thinking i should add some carbs. Really? Because when I was eating the carbs I slept so well right? Well no. My sleep was horrible then. And is generally great now. Carbs are not the answer now any more than they were then. Time to find another scape goat.
    Yesterday I upped the fat & dropped the cals so my ratio ended up 10-6-84 cals 1280. Although I didn't sleep any longer, for the first time in forever I woke up feeling awake. I am not working for the next 3 days so I am going to try Demuralist's experiment of the Fat Fast but with a 1000-1200 cal limit & an 8hr feeding window (in for a penny....), I'm a bit worried about losing LBM with the protein so low but I'm keen to see what will happen & I need to get the Fast Fast & IF ideas out of my system

Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    This is how I make my eggs eating HFLC. They are excellent.
    I tried this this am with 2 yolks, cream cheese & cinnamon (I don't use any form of sweetener). They didn't work as a pancake but in my omelette maker they worked a treat Not sure I'd bother again though - too lazy to wash the mixer every day!

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    To to multiple quotes:

See where it says to "reply with quote"? Right next to it is a quote box with a + sign. Click this for every post you want to respond to. Then click "Reply to Thread" to pull them all into the message box.

Thanks Jenn I seem to have got the hang of it now
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 02-13-2013 at 04:43 AM. Reason: spelling

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    So a report on the 90% fat experiment. Another crappy night of sleep. and yesterday I was prowling the pantry, looking for -of all things - protein, not carbs. I cannot imagine trying to do this with a calorie goal of 1,000. I can see doing it for a day, as that is how long it felt good, but really everything was better when my fat was close to 78% and I was "allowed" protein. The carbs, they don't bother me so much. Nothing noticeable happened regarding weight loss.

lala70 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    My body had a digestive track cleanse today. I was totally taken off guard. I was really glad I was in my office and not out somewhere. I've been doing 1T of MCT oil in the morning. It has not effected me before, so don't know if that's it.

I changed my lunch so my macros are off for the day. More protein, less fat. Not sure if I can eat dinner because I'm rumbling again. Other than that, good energy!
    I would say it's the MCT oil. It had the same effect on me and,yes, thank god I was at home when it decided to kick in

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

calee is online now Senior Member
    I had a digestive cleanse today too - I suspect too much coconut oil... in which case I expect the same effect tomorrow... danged coco-chocs!! (Chocolate candy made out of semi-sweet chocolate and coconut oil). Likewise, I expect to be tossed out of ketosis too. Kind of binged on those tasty little morsels tonight...
    Oh Jenn, I'm so sorry. It feels like crap, no pun intended!

I have been having 1T of MCT oil since Saturday. Surprised it took this long to cleanse.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Ok, disregard. I just googled it and there is a lot of mention about magnesium. I stopped taking my magnesium supplements b/c they were making me sooooo groggy in the morning. I will reintroduce them and see if this feeling goes away. If it doesn't go away by next week, I'll have to break my ketosis to see if that's the cause. I can't imagine it is, b/c really, this is how our ancestors ate, right?
    Try the magnesium. As for the ancestors, I think they ate whatever they could find.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I am a little surprised at how quickly i was willing to blame VLC for my sleep issue thinking i should add some carbs. Really? Because when I was eating the carbs I slept so well right? Well no. My sleep was horrible then. And is generally great now. Carbs are not the answer now any more than they were then. Time to find another scape goat.
    To be honest... I think its hormones. I wonder if this is not problem as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Oh man I don't want that to happen. I mean, I guess it could be good, but knowing my luck it would happen at work.

Any suggestions for copper poop mouth? I can't stand it!
    listerine!

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    That's right ssn!

Hey, who knew hands were fat? The girls and I went to Target last night and we were in the jewelry section and I tried on a bangle bracelet. It fit!!!! For the first time in like 30 years, I can wear a bangle bracelet!
    Hooray for another non-scale victory!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    that's a metric measurement, right? A little more than a butt load, but not quite big enough to be classified as another measurement i can't mention here because of language sensibilities....
    lol!

Ddraig, I don't use a mixer for the eggs. I soften the cream cheese in he micro for a few seconds, then scramble the egg right in that same bowl with a fork. They come out a touch lumpy but makes no difference to me. Still tastes great. I'm allergic to eggs so don't eat them often. The cheese stretches to egg to appear bigger.

I'm down a pound to 146 this morning. I was 151.5 on January 1st so while this may be slow, I'm inching back to thev142 I was last September. YAY! I guess that digestive cleanse yesterday was helpful!

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Geo, before Christmas I went to a consignment shop here that has great stuff for great prices, and she had a bunch of bangles for $11! that was like $0.50 each. So I tried one on and it slipped right on, I was so excited! I bought them. Got them home and realized there were 3 different sizes and of course I had tried one of the 2 big ones So I put them on. then I realized I was really close with the 4 middle sized ones, so I sudsed up and tugged them on. Gave the rest to DD and she kept half and gave the other half as a gift for her secret Santa. So now, I can get the 2 big ones off, but the 4 middle sized ones, not so much-even with sudsing (luckily they are an excellent quality and have not tarnished or anything)! So one of my goals is to be able to get those things off without having to cut them off! I like wearing them because they make me feel more feminine and because they are a sort of constant jingly reminder to keep the food on track!