Page 109 of 280 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2797

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 109

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    there is these Cream Cheese Pancakes which i bookmarked ages ago. cream cheese pancakes.
    This site is serious crack. I want to try everything!

PrimalMeatCat is offline Junior Member
    Hello everyone. Today is my third day doing this, I think I'm getting the hang of putting together the right foods. Last night I was so sick, though. I really think it is something going around, and not related to the food since before I started I was usually eating less than 70g of carbs anyway. But I had the chills and felt like vomiting, shortly after going to bed. I feel much better today.
    I lost 2lbs since Sunday - not that I'm trying to lose anything, but it is probably just water since I've been making frequent trips to the bathroom (which I hope will stop soon)
    I started tracking my food on MyFitnessPal, I am PrimalMeatCat over there too.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    "Moving around" is the hardest part of primal living for me, by far. I am simply not a movement inclined person. Since childhood, I was the bookworm, the board gamer, then the video game nerd. I love reading and writing and relaxing with music or sitting on the beach.

I have never ever been into sports or physical activity of any kind (except, well, you know) and so finding some kind of movement activity that I enjoy has been, for me, exceptionally difficult.

I dabble in yoga and tai chi, but it's very hit or miss. I vehemently dislike walking or running. And apparently you CAN forget how to ride a bike, because that was one of my two enjoyable physical activities as a youth, but now I just fall down. I like to swim too but I no longer live in a place with a pool and I am too chicken to be in my bathing suit at the public pool.

Woe is lazy me. :*(

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    there is these http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012...-pancakes.html which i bookmarked ages ago. cream cheese pancakes.
    I make these, but I add 8 tsp or so of coconut flour and a tsp of baking powder to them. Otherwise they're thin. With the coconut flour they have more "substance" and the baking powder helps them get big and fluffy.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

To to multiple quotes:

See where it says to "reply with quote"? Right next to it is a quote box with a + sign. Click this for every post you want to respond to. Then click "Reply to Thread" to pull them all into the message box.

My anxiety is off the hook tonight. Or maybe it's iron deficiency... all I know is that periodically my heart is pounding and my stomach starts to feel weird. I took an additional iron and 1/2 a 1mg lorazepam. Hopefully things settle down. If they don't, I guess I'll have to see a doctor, I guess. Or maybe it's because of the VLC?? Maybe I'll do an experiment and reintroduce carbs and see if it goes away without changing anything else. I think I'll do just that. This is really bothersome. If that makes no difference, I'll call my doctor.

calee is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RestlessLegs View Post
    Hi All,
    I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Cheryl and, yes, I have Restless Legs - meaning I love to walk and hike. I started lurking in the January EMF challenge forum and have been running to catch up for awhile. I went low carb about 10 years ago and it worked well for me for a long time. But things have stalled and over the past year and my weight has been creeping up and has been more of a challenge to take off this time. This EMF thing just "clicked" for me and the scale has sloooowly started going the direction I desire. I started the year bobbing between 171-173 and this morning I weighed in at 167.8. Like I said, slow, but the right direction.

My highest weight was 229, when I started low carb 10 years ago. I got down to about 163. Gradually went up to 178, tried more restricted low carb/low cal, with lots of cardio and got down to 143, then over the past two years have crept back up to this point. So a little bit of yo-yoing. My goal is about 135.

I thank you lovely ladies - especially Pebbles and Demuralist for outlining the macros so well and providing such wonderful inspiration. I am so glad to be joining you on this journey. I have been getting so many good ideas and recipes from you all.

I may not check in a lot, but I do read the posts quite often. I look forward to reading about everyone's successes and hopefully sharing some of my own.

-Cheryl
    Welcome Cheryl! I too have restless legs. Where in N. Ca. are you? Your journey is very inspirational.

Ok, disregard. I just googled it and there is a lot of mention about magnesium. I stopped taking my magnesium supplements b/c they were making me sooooo groggy in the morning. I will reintroduce them and see if this feeling goes away. If it doesn't go away by next week, I'll have to break my ketosis to see if that's the cause. I can't imagine it is, b/c really, this is how our ancestors ate, right?

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I make these, but I add 8 tsp or so of coconut flour and a tsp of baking powder to them. Otherwise they're thin. With the coconut flour they have more "substance" and the baking powder helps them get big and fluffy.
    That would work well for this. I want to try this!

calee is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I'm a terrible gardener. I pretty much kill everything and only have perennials because they can take a beating. And gardening has always felt like a chore to me. I think I would rather die a thouand deaths then plant a garden. Hiking may work, but with my allergies and asthma, that could even be an issue.
    I took up more hiking and walking a few years ago. I make it my social time with friends. The rest of the time I walk alone. I take pictures along the way with my iPhone. Then I text them to friends.