Page 103 of 280 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2797

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 103

calee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    ah, the tonic will get you every time. I am sure it will turn right around now that you are back on it.

So yesterday went well, my mouth, well yes the copper poop feeling is there. My MFP username is the same as here, feel free to friend me if you are interested in what I ate and drank.
    I sent you a request last night. I resent it this morning. Thanks!

calee is offline Senior Member
    When I slip up and have a carb day, it takes my body awhile to let go of the water weight. I hope this pound doesn't hang on long. Even more, I hope I quit that crazy stuff. I either need to quit going to the movies or wear nose plugs. Both of ny slips since starting PB in January 1st have happened in the movie theater. Next time I will take a few nuts. Weighed in at 147 this morning. Still eying 142 as my first goal. I WILL get back there soon. My six jeans fit so much better at 142.

I added MCT oil, 1T in the morning. It really changes my hunger levels the last three mornings. I am generally crawling the walls by 9-10(wake at 5), this week my morning hunger doesn't really set in until around 11. I have taken the oil at around 7 before walking to work. Last night I was not scheduled to walk because I did 7 miles on Sunday and will walk 5k this morning and again 5k tonight. But when I got out of work I had an abundance of energy so walked a 5k around the lake to get home. I think I like MCT oil a lot! I bought a quart bottle on drugstore. Com so this experiment will go on for awhile. I will post my success!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    The last few days I have been more tired and have been feeling the need to nibble. WTH?!! I haven't felt the need to nibble in a really long time. Oh, so that's what happens when I decrease the fats I cook my breakfast in! Problem solved.
    Yet another "fat is good" thing I noticed. Hot flashes have been barely noticeable for a long time. The last few days? Lets just say that I have upped the breakfast cooking fats again. I hate night sweats.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    . I think this when ever someone says they have trouble getting their calories. I enjoy eating too much to skip it for any reason. I have never been a big snacker though and i am always trying to stop the nibbling which I have been successful with while doing LCHF. I totally get it. Good news is I have finished reading 2 books inthe past 2 weeks. Gotten a sweater half way knitted and progress on a slew of projects that I had started but not finished yet. You need a fun hobby.
    You know, I've never had a hobby. I used to read a lot when I was younger, but now, not so much. I kind of keeping of thinking I need a hobby, but I don't know what people do for hobbies. I don't like knitting or crocheting. I tried it when I was younger and hated it. Plus, I hate things that seem to add clutter and then I have a spouse who if I am not doing anything, wants me to spend all my free time with him. Maybe I just need to move out?

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I kind of keeping of thinking I need a hobby, but I don't know what people do for hobbies.
    A hobby doesn't need to be a craft. It just is something you enjoy doing.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

RestlessLegs is offline Junior Member
    Hi All,
    I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Cheryl and, yes, I have Restless Legs - meaning I love to walk and hike. I started lurking in the January EMF challenge forum and have been running to catch up for awhile. I went low carb about 10 years ago and it worked well for me for a long time. But things have stalled and over the past year and my weight has been creeping up and has been more of a challenge to take off this time. This EMF thing just "clicked" for me and the scale has sloooowly started going the direction I desire. I started the year bobbing between 171-173 and this morning I weighed in at 167.8. Like I said, slow, but the right direction.

My highest weight was 229, when I started low carb 10 years ago. I got down to about 163. Gradually went up to 178, tried more restricted low carb/low cal, with lots of cardio and got down to 143, then over the past two years have crept back up to this point. So a little bit of yo-yoing. My goal is about 135.

I thank you lovely ladies - especially Pebbles and Demuralist for outlining the macros so well and providing such wonderful inspiration. I am so glad to be joining you on this journey. I have been getting so many good ideas and recipes from you all.

I may not check in a lot, but I do read the posts quite often. I look forward to reading about everyone's successes and hopefully sharing some of my own.

-Cheryl

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Restlesslegs!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    A hobby doesn't need to be a craft. It just is something you enjoy doing.
    That's the thing. I have no clue what I enjoy doing. Other than cooking, that seems to be it. I don't consider cooking a hobby though since it's something I have to do. I'm trying to look at things that won't cost me a lot of money just because right now, I don't have a lot. It's a PITA.

@restlesslegs Good luck and look forward to hearing your results!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Geo.. if you like cooking, you could have a hobby around that. Think: creative dehydration or a kick butt herb garden..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    That's the thing. I have no clue what I enjoy doing. Other than cooking, that seems to be it. I don't consider cooking a hobby though since it's something I have to do. I'm trying to look at things that won't cost me a lot of money just because right now, I don't have a lot. It's a PITA.
    Maybe hiking?? Getting into nature? Planting a garden or flowers or something? I love gardening and if you get perennials, the flowers come back and don't cost a dime after the first year!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)