Page 10 of 282 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat More Fat! The Nutritional Ketosis Challenge continues... page 10

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    Hehe. I wish I had chosen "secret EMFer" as my username...LOVE it!
    OMG that would have been funny.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Just popping in as a lurker. I'm working on the MF (more fat) part, but not low carb. First step is just replacing white rice with non-grain carbs, then I'll think about reducing carbs. This is for mental health as well as gut health (dealing with chronic constipation for over 4 months now).

I am awaiting test results to see if I have SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth). It can be treated with a HFLC-like diet, or GAPS, but antibiotics are quicker. I would probably do both, for at least a month, so this thread will be my knowledge-collection resource, and I will pitch in with any tips where ever I can.

For one, those dealing with acne: dab tea tree oil on the cysts or white heads twice a day. Make sure not to touch your face! I do not wash my face except with baking soda, once a week. I just rinse in the shower, and lightly dry when I get out.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    I wonder if I can find a relatively inoffensive ingredient bouillon cube brand at a health/gourmet food store?

I am going to try out a new organic emphasis store and trader joe's this weekend for shopping.

I just don't seem to have the time or inclination for making bone broth from scratch. :*( Also gelatinous broth stuff kind freaks me out.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    I just don't seem to have the time or inclination for making bone broth from scratch. :*( Also gelatinous broth stuff kind freaks me out.
    i cover mine and keep it real low, i can ignore it from then on till i decide it is done. i dont like slow cookers but you can ignore it in there too. when it is hot, it isnt gelatinous at all. and it tastes so much better than the cubed stuff.

working on downing the protein and remaining carnivorous here. i did find a recipe for mini meat loaves the other day which was saying you could wrap them in streaky bacon but that would up the fat content *tsk*tsk lol but that is definitely one good idea as i am not so keen on bacon on its own. i am also not into throwing away egg whites, way too much economic priveledge for me to deal with doing that. i can always make pav for the kids. but that is like 14 egg whites a week which is one huge pav so i may need to start making them for all my friends too!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    I wonder if I can find a relatively inoffensive ingredient bouillon cube brand at a health/gourmet food store?

I am going to try out a new organic emphasis store and trader joe's this weekend for shopping.

If you have a crockpot, you can make it and let it go. Mine will be done cooking tonight at 8pm and its been cooking away since Wednesday at 8pm. It gets better the longer you let it cook.
    Georgette

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    I do have a slow cooker but I share it with a roomie (and it is his, actually) so I can't tie it up for too long, since we both love slow cooking. :P And he would definitely not be cool with me leaving the stove on all day while we are both at work and our pets are home alone (I wouldn't be cool with it either, when it comes down to it, heh.)

I know it's not gelatinous when hot, but it is when cold, right? I feel like that would put me off from it. :*( I dunno. Maybe I'll just try the bouillon IF and only if I can find one with ingredients that don't bother me. Otherwise I'll just skip it.

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    I just get organic chicken broth and add Himalayan salt, lite salt garli powder and a little black pepper. Easy and no MSG. I put a lot of salt, to taste.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    http://cavegirleats.com/2010/12/29/cleansing-redefined/
    this has been great on my skin. It feels so good!
    And much cheaper too.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    LOL Geo. Bacon and guac is just the best combo ever, especially the crispy bacon from my butcher. He cures it with salt only no nitrates or sugar.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Omigosh. Speaking of guac and bacon, this was my lunch today. Without the bread. It was MAJOR

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zbmEU5kts1...th-Avocado.jpg

Page 10 of 282 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast