Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leptin Reset - checking my understanding page 2

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Eating a big protein breakfast and seeing the sun in the morning are both great things, everyone should do it if they can.

My beef is with the "Leptin Reset" protocol as outlined by Dr. Jack Kruse.

When he first came on the paleo scene, he made a big show of it that he lost 100 pounds or so by resetting his leptin. He said 'Leptin is the Master Hormone!'. It seemed so right. Many tried it, but aside from just being a healthy way to eat, it didn't do anything for people with really broken metabolisms, hence all the follow-on protocols that Jack is still trying to get us to buy into.

I think his major downfall is his strict 'No Starch' policy. People with low or broken metabolisms aren't going to get well following a low carb approach. I'll agree LC is good for weightloss in the early stages, but further than that it should only be used for a few certain medical conditions that dictate it's use.
    Why do you feel the need to burn the bridges that got you to were you are (not really talking about Kruse)? This baffles me about the community at large. Nobody pays any attention. Most if not all the starch people were low carb for a long period of time first. But that couldn't have anything to do with my current successes! It would just be silly to think that ultimately the things I've done over the past few years dictate where I am right now. No no no it must be that hack I did just last week.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Why do you feel the need to burn the bridges that got you to were you are (not really talking about Kruse)? This baffles me about the community at large. Nobody pays any attention. Most if not all the starch people were low carb for a long period of time first. But that couldn't have anything to do with my current successes! It would just be silly to think that ultimately the things I've done over the past few years dictate where I am right now. No no no it must be that hack I did just last week.
    I'm not sure what you mean.

Low carb is just as much a 'hack' as anything.

When lots (most) of us discover paleo/primal it's because we ate the SAD to excess and got fat and sick. We give up sugar, oil, and most carbs and lose weight and get healthier. Then we stick with that even if it means we aren't exactly where we want to be.

I see lots of folks, I was one, too, who try everything in the book to lose that last 10-20lbs except adding in some healthy carbs (starch).

Like I said in the quote above, I think LC is great for weightloss and breaking free of SAD, and for specific medical problems which should be doctor supervised, but not the best for a long-term diet if you aren't thriving on it.

If someone is LC and thriving, more power to them--they found what works. If they are LC and not thriving, maybe it's time to not be LC.

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    I just read the EMF-2 post. Given the immediate headache that ensued, I clearly need to kick off my shoes, reconnect, and get the electrons flowing.

otzi Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
    I just read the EMF-2 post. Given the immediate headache that ensued, I clearly need to kick off my shoes, reconnect, and get the electrons flowing.
    His EMF stuff was the last straw for me. It's so obvious he read something like Earthing & Grounding Products | Earth Grounding Kits, Mats, Sheets, Pads & More with all their custom-made studies and tailored it for his followers.

If anyone could convince me that the root of all modern ills is 'lack of electrons', well, I got some stock in a company called Hi-Maize I'll sell ya real cheap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12