Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Look out america........................ page

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member

Look out america........................

Shop Now
    ................cos h-eeeee-rrrrrr-eeeeee comes Gwamma ( sung to Here comes Lucy !!!!!!!)

okay guys, so I had to make a decision between primal con and a trip to America to pick up youngest daughter, who, by the time we come over in May, will have spent the year at school in Indiana...............
    I suppose it was a no-brainer, but I was gutted nethertheless - I so wanted to go to Primal -Con !!!!!!!!!!!! I had to choose picking up the kid......cos I have missed her sooooooo much.
    Anyhow...... I have so many questions, and not sure where to post them so thought that this would be a great start........
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

question number 1.
    What do you get/make for an amazing american family, who has taken your child (18 years old later this month) in for one whole year, run around after her, done the whole parenting thing etc.....
    I am thinking make them a huge queen sized blanket in lots of colours ????? The emphasis on me actually spending the time to make it myself ????
    thoughts from you beautiful american people please ............

...small steps....

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Something you have created yourself would be the best! If you sew well, then sew something awesome; if you potter, then potter; if you carve, then carve... Not that carefully choosing something to buy doesn't mean anything, it is just that in this day, age, and culture, buying something is kind of too easy. Do you know what the host parent's tastes/hobbies/passions/styles are?
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

thanx crabbs, no I have no idea, but daughter suggested she loves peacocks, so I thought maybe a handmade blanket in blues and purples, greens and the like ???? Actually DD thought a handmade blanket of the NZ flag would be great - but I don't have quite that amount of time on my hands !!!! LOL

...small steps....

I did wonder about all black stuff for the teenage boyz, and some lovely wooden things for the mum and dad ???? the teenage daughter who is into pagents (spelt wrong). ????????????

...small steps....

I like the idea - using the colors of peacock feathers. Knit, crochet, or quilted??

What are your other questions? I am curious!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

calee is online now Senior Member
    I would have your daughter take a few pics of their home so that you can get an idea of what style they might appreciate and use. No reason to have your hard work get put into a closet for storage.

Thanx Calee - great suggestion.
    crabs - I am sure that I will have heaps of questions as they arise - however........

we are going on a 1 week cruise around Alaska - to begin. I am sure that my eating will be well catered for...then we get ourselves from Vancouver to Seattle.
    Do we take the bus, train ?????
    In Seattle we pick up the rental car.
    I have said to DH that I refuse to drive on the WRONG side of the road. In NZ we are used to driving on the correct side, not the right side LOL
    We have already bought the Tomtom thingy on the internet to get us around America - so that is sorted.
    Then we drive from Seattle to Indiana - no small feat.... and we are farmers, so we would like to take the byway - not the highway. Where does one stay. What small town motels are nice, but not too expensive ?????
    more questions to come

...small steps....

How much time are you allotting for the stretch from Seattle to Indiana??

we have three weeks to get from seattle to indiana and then fly out of new york..... I can feel a song coming on !!!!!!!
    so another question is - what sort of store can I buy decent primal foods. DH will be fine, cos he eats anything - but I am so hoping that I can continue my eating regime in America. As I mentioned earlier the Cruise around Alaska will be fine. I am sure that they will offer lots of meat and salads etc....... but small town America ??? Where does one buy stuff ???????

...small steps....

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast