Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Look out america........................ page 8

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Minnesota -- it's an interesting state. I have relatives there that I don't know. My maternal grandfather is from there. I have, personally, on'y heard stories about the place.

It's partly why I want to do yellowstone trail. I also want to see all of the native american sights in the mid-west.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Sorry Gwamma, Zoe is correct - Minnesota.

Just looked up a couple of things. You can get to Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore, and the SPAM Museum (LOL) using I90 (Interstate 90) out of Seattle.

Just a note, though you guys are vacationing and I was moving. When I moved from NJ (New Jersey) to WA (Washington state), we wanted to drive through Yellowstone. It's so vast! We'd drive what seemed like hours, and I'd look on the map and it seemed like we'd gone almost nowhere. Finally (but remember, I was moving and was in the front of a small pickup with my ex and a sort of big old dog), one of us said, "F*** it, let's get to I90." *chuckle*

Google maps is pretty good at plotting entire trips, or even portions if you decide to go off track to see something. I found it invaluable during my last move.

Cheap cell phones are readily available at Walmart. I don't use one in everyday life, but for the road, I picked one up for maybe $20, and the minutes were (I think) $30 for 100 talking and unlimited texting. Not great, but cheap for emergencies. Also, almost all motels have wifi for free or cheap, so once you're in the motel, you can skype or google phone, or whatever freebie is available to you. Assuming you're bringing your laptop.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Gwamma...I am jealous of all your chances to see the country I have lived in my whole life! Reminds me of how much I want to see! I am sure if your daughter was in Florida they came to Disney World. We have much to offer outside of theme parks though. Beaches, swamps, farmland, prairies. Anytime you want to visit just come on down
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

I lived in Indian Rocks Beach for about seven years. My favorite things about FL were the Everglades, Key West, and Gatorland Zoo. Also, living two blocks from the Gulf surely didn't suck.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Yes I have always lived inland. I have decided that I am going to move to one of the gulf coast areas for a while so I can live on the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I lived in Indian Rocks Beach for about seven years. My favorite things about FL were the Everglades, Key West, and Gatorland Zoo. Also, living two blocks from the Gulf surely didn't suck.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

NZ primal Gwamma is online now Senior Member
    hey thanx guys - all this info is brilliant.
    Nothing like talking to the locals !!!!
    First square on the blanket - done......... 15 more to go !!!!!, or I could do 3 x 3, but that might compromise the size ??????
    decisions, decisions, decisions !!!!!!!!!

okay next question - who wants to come over and house sit at mine for one month ??????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Tears - just had to share
    Darling DD has sent a parcel from America, that included an American Flag. Absolutely beautifully crafted American flag. It was all folded up in a triangle like they do at American funerals in the movies. It really has bought a tear to Gwammas eye - except how do I fold it up in that Trangle way again - I am gonna have to have a wee play

...small steps....

Flag-Folding Procedures | The American Legion

More than you ever wanted to know about flag folding.

B*tch-lite

thanx Joanie - I would never have tried it that way. Its interesting reading about the history of the American flag. I will have to put that in GG and GGs personal planet edition !!!!

...small steps....

bamabelle is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Hey Gwamma, easiest way to tip is just double the tax and then round up.
    The problem with this is that tax is different from state to state, so it is not a reliable way of calculating tips. It is customary to tip 15-20% of the pre-tax cost of the meal. I read one person tips 25-30%, which is certainly generous, but it is much more than customary. 20% is more customary in fine dining.

You have a wonderful adventure that you have ahead of you!! I drove accross the country a couple of times in years past and LOVED it!!!

Amanda

Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast