Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Look out america........................ page 7

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    thanx guys - I am gonna have my own lonely planet by the time I leave in may !!!

SB hikes - I love things that people make themselves. The thought that they have put all that time, effort and love into it just for me, gives me shivers. I suppose in my mind, because they have given so much of themselves to our daughter, I am wanting to give a little bit back to these wonderful people. And if they end up using the blanket for the dog - that is fine.
    Anyway I think that I will make the blanket - the knitting needles are out .............
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    From Seattle taking the "slow" way, I'd probably take US Highway 12 all the way across. It parallels Interstate 94 all the way across to Indiana, but is mostly just a 2-lane highway that goes through all the small towns the interstate goes around.

There are a lot of national parks and forests to visit on the way- Mount Rainier, Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, the Badlands, Mount Rushmore- as well as some nice cities, such as Minneapolis and Chicago.

The entire US military is cutting back right now, but if she's interested in becoming a pilot, she may have options with another branch, such as the Navy or Army, though the Army would train her on helicopters first. Not to say it would be possible or easy, but it might be worth talking to a recruiter from one of the other branches.

Other than something homemade, some kind of local specialty product is always a good gift- when I went to Taiwan, my wife and I brought honey and jams from Wisconsin, where we lived at the time, and it went over pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    From Seattle taking the "slow" way, I'd probably take US Highway 12 all the way across. It parallels Interstate 94 all the way across to Indiana, but is mostly just a 2-lane highway that goes through all the small towns the interstate goes around.

There are a lot of national parks and forests to visit on the way- Mount Rainier, Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, the Badlands, Mount Rushmore- as well as some nice cities, such as Minneapolis and Chicago.

The entire US military is cutting back right now, but if she's interested in becoming a pilot, she may have options with another branch, such as the Navy or Army, though the Army would train her on helicopters first. Not to say it would be possible or easy, but it might be worth talking to a recruiter from one of the other branches.

Other than something homemade, some kind of local specialty product is always a good gift- when I went to Taiwan, my wife and I brought honey and jams from Wisconsin, where we lived at the time, and it went over pretty well.
    thanx JF - I think that we would love to see Yellowstone, and Mt rushmore etc...
    We have just had a David Attenborough series on yellowstone - amazing !!!!!!!!
    I also sometimes watch....cant think of the name........its in Las Vegas....like a pawn shop.........the name eludes me at present ???? anyway I would love to rock on up to their shop and say HI !!!!!! LOL

I think for her to get into the American military she has to be an American citizen, and short of marrying her off to some poor unsuspecting American lad - this is not going to happen in the near future ????

I have spoken with the NZ recruiting office and they are desperate for females in our Airforce, but it won't be easy what ever option she chooses.

...small steps....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Pawn Stars?

Oh, and I think in MN, there's the SPAM Museum. Yes, a museum about the history of that salty delicious processed canned meat.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Pawn Stars?

Oh, and I think in MN, there's the SPAM Museum. Yes, a museum about the history of that salty delicious processed canned meat.
    pawn Stars - thanx Joanie.
    If I go down to the Spam museum - do you think that I would get a feed ???? rumour has it that that stuff is still good to go after about 48 years in the tin !!!!!............
    ............ actually I am one to exaggerate - I think its only 47 years 9 months and 2 days.. sorry

...small steps....

okay another question........... phones........ do we just get a new sim card, or buy a new phone ............ or throw the damned thing away ??????

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I think you can get an inexpensive, pay-as-you-go cell phone in the US which you can "top up" as needed, and then you can donate it through one of the cell phone shops to organizations that give them to people in extreme circumstances when you are finished.

Though, for us, we don't feel the need really. Usually, there are emergency call boxes on major roads, there are people living in a lot of locations along roads (even rurally), and the roads are not completely deserted, so someone is bound to come and help eventually. Likewise, we have no one we need to call until we get to a hotel at night or arrive somewhere, and it's easy enough to use a land line at a gas station, or the hotel, etc.

So, we never consider the cell phone thing.

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    My son the tech-head says if your cell phone is unlocked, you can get a sim card in the States and use that. But he also said something about making sure the charger has the correct adaptor, or somethin' like that.

I shouldn't even have attempted to answer, with the little I really know.

Shelli - you darling wee thing, you are so allowd to answer - anytime. How is your HFLC going ???? I have been keeping an eye, but its suddenly switched threads
    G x

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Pawn Stars?

Joanie - sorry but MN ???? is that MiNesota? MusolliNi? MaNdolliN ? MascapoNe? MaNilla? Madagasca ( oh that doesn't have an N in it !!!!), MoNtessouri?
    come on now - you know how ditsy Gwamma is !!!!!!!

...small steps....

Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast