Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: Look out america........................ page 38

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Awww Crabcakes and Gwamma that sounds fun! And like Crabcakes has set the bar for primal hosting!

Tell me, are you having many fireflies anymore? My grandparents east coast backyard was filled w/ them when i was a kid but I've noticed in the last 15 years less so.
    The lightning bugs haven't come out yet up here for this year - we had a long winter and so far really cool temps. When they finally do their thing, though, the light show is phenomenal. Last year I actually stopped my car along the road to watch the show one summer eve. But I live in the sticks and there is a lot of tall grass, weeds, sprouting crops, etc for them to do their mating thing in. We left NJ at the end of 2004, and I agree with you - fewer, it seems.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hi guys - in NJ at the moment. Staying in a cute wee place called hightstown ??????
    Anyway DD and DH have taken themselves off to six flags for the day, and so Gwamma has been puttering about doing washing, walking and also wandering aimlessly qround this cute little town - am loving it.
    Next its onto new york and then home to new zealand.
    I have really loved this beautiful country and ts beautiful people. It will be sad to say goodbye - however there is a time for everything and my time to get back home is nigh!!!!!!
    Thank you america for ths wonderfuil opportunity
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Hi guys - in NJ at the moment. Staying in a cute wee place called hightstown ??????
    Anyway DD and DH have taken themselves off to six flags for the day, and so Gwamma has been puttering about doing washing, walking and also wandering aimlessly qround this cute little town - am loving it.
    Next its onto new york and then home to new zealand.
    I have really loved this beautiful country and ts beautiful people. It will be sad to say goodbye - however there is a time for everything and my time to get back home is nigh!!!!!!
    Thank you america for ths wonderfuil opportunity
    G x
    Glad you had a great trip.... sorry you didn't get to see the best state, which would be Texas of course!.... maybe next time!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hey Gwamma! Tell Mr. Gwamma and the DD I hope they have fun! Hubby used to take the Crabbletts there when they were small and we used to live close by. There is a animal enclosure at the park you can drive through - perhaps it is still there. The first half is African animals. The second half, which you can drive past (dedicated escape route road) and avoid, has extra high security and is the monkey enclosure - and those monkeys are talented, I will tell you that!

They climb all over your car, ripping off the roof treads, anything rubber stripping that is even the tiniest bit loose, and one day I watched one rip the side mirror off of a sports car. And the dude actually GOT OUT OF THE CAR TO RETRIEVE IT. Now, before you go in, there is a HUGE sign that warns you of automobile damage, so nobody can say they weren't warned. The last time we went, it was with my SIL and her kids, and this big male jumped on her windshield with the entire aroused length of his monkey-manhood swinging around, and it landed with a juicy "swack" right in the middle of the glass.... So what did my SIL and her crew do?? Laugh and proceed to take monkey-weenie pics.

At the end of the monkey enclosure are stationed a couple of burly guys with shock sticks - a few monkeys like to try to stay on top of the cars and hitch a ride out of the area that way. I never saw the keepers have to use them - they were just always ready to.

You can also get special summer passes restricted to the kiddie section of the park, which features tiny rides and such for the 5 yo & under set - those are extremely popular with parents of youngsters. Hubby took ours there while I was working weekends.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    ^I think I went to that drive-through park when I was pretty little. I remember a giraffe licking the car window and we missed the birth of a wildebeest by about 5 minutes.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

They had the best time at the park, althou it took ages waiting in line!
    They didn't make it to the animal enclosure - however saw a seal doing tricks ?????
    Today we drove to jersey shore and DD looked through a house that was in a tv show. We drove for miles along the beachfront, and we just couldn't believe the damage that these poor people have suffered from huricane sandy. It actually reminded me of christchurch nz.
    Tomorrow we head to new york for three nights, and then its home................

...small steps....

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    aw no way! Me and the wife just got back from Atlantic City- we were there since Monday! We could have had a hotel party and chilled beach side!
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Mr Perfidy sir - buggar! I am sorry I missed you. We didn't make it down to Atlantic City, however maybe next time.
    Huge thank you to all the amazing Americans out there. We had such a wonderful time in your beautiful country.
    so many many many thanx to you all
    G x

...small steps....

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738