Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Thread: Look out america........................ page 37

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Dang - was it raining when you were in Seattle? Because it's gorgeous now! And nope, it's not 'legal' to go 75mph - you get a demerit in the form of a sizable ticket. For every 5 miles over the posted limit you can get hit w/ 50 to 100USD.

Though I suspect they'd let you and hubby go w/o a ticket after you drop your Kiwi accent and flutter eyelashes on them. wink wink

happy reunion and safe travels!

Yvette is offline Junior Member
    spk, for some of us, it is quite legal to do 75 in a passenger vehicle on the interstate, it is infact the posted speed limit in Montana on the highway.
    Gwamma, your husband is quite right (at least about the layout of the roads ). the milexmile does equal 640 acres which is also known as a "section". Many of the larger pieces of property are discussed in sections of land and not in acres.

Crabbcakes is online now Senior Member
    I live in a rural county. That means too many dirt roads and too few cops to catch much, regardless of what is posted... I tell my city-born kids there is a reason a lot of NASCAR drivers were good old boys from the country.

My best friend takes it as a sworn duty to drive 4 mph over any posted highway speed limit - she says the police won't bother with highway drivers for so little. And that she has too little time/inclination/patience to mess about with stupid speed limits. She would go higher, but she really hates separating herself from her money (speeding ticket) more than obeying a speed limit, so speed limit it is. Sort of.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

spk
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
    spk, for some of us, it is quite legal to do 75 in a passenger vehicle on the interstate, it is infact the posted speed limit in Montana on the highway.
    True for Montana but I was speaking for WA state; which with it's budget shortfall has a heavy-handed ticketing program and lots of speed traps on the major and semi-major highways. Gwamma sounded unaware of that little fun angle to the US police system, which she was worried about.

But I do love barreling thru MT! Watching out for animals of course...

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    G, glad to see that you're having so much fun. LOLling at your food experience with the drive-through. Not ditsy at all, just something different.

Speed limits here vary by state and there is some federal input in that when you're X miles within city limits, speed limits have to be below a certain level.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    hi guys - spk L was only doing the posted speed limit and only on the highways. In fact when DH is behind the wheel and drives 4miles over the limit - I have turned in a whingeing minnie!!!!!! LOL
    And sorry we didn't stop in Seattle. It is a beautiful city, but dh wanted to get on the road, and I can't have it all my way!
    Anyway guys this jolly internet connection keeps failing me, so I will sign off with hugs beforeni am cut off
    Me x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Well yesterday would have to have been one of the highlites of our american trip.
    We rocked up about four hours late and met the most wonderful family -
    We were treated to the most amazing primal meal complete with shrimp, steak, liquid amber, and shared a wonderful time swapping stories .
    A huge thank to Crabbcakes, Mr Crabbcakes, the wee little crabblets, the kittencrabbs, the busybirdcrabbs and the poor dear animals that were sacrificed to feed our meery band of men...........
    CC you and your wonderful family ROCK !!!!!!!! A thousand thank yous from us all
    xxxxxxxxxx
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Crabbcakes is online now Senior Member
    Hey, get this you all - evidently New Zealand does not have hummingbirds OR lightning bugs! Glad we filled the hummingbird feeder, because our usual two were there last night and I think Mr Gwamma got pics.

Dinner was fun, Gwamma... Three pounds of bacon and a pile of pork steaks in one sitting - yeah, my kids were thanking the god of the swine last night, out loud, after you left.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    When you're driving with others on the road, as long as you're going slower than someone else, it's usually fine . If it's empty, just keep an eye out for posted speed limits. It depends on where you are (within the state and what state) for how common speed traps are and for what the average highway speed limit is.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

spk
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Dinner was fun, Gwamma...
    Awww Crabcakes and Gwamma that sounds fun! And like Crabcakes has set the bar for primal hosting!

Tell me, are you having many fireflies anymore? My grandparents east coast backyard was filled w/ them when i was a kid but I've noticed in the last 15 years less so.

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast