Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Thread: Look out america........................ page 36

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Can't lay any claim to that part of Canada (never been out west - I'm over 4300 km to the east in Ontario), but I hope you are enjoying our grand country and that the scenery as you cruise up the coast is jaw-droppingly beautiful. Post pictures if you can...

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Awww guys thank you - the cruise will be fantastic for sure, however not sure that I can post piccies on this wee tablet thingy?
    You know Gwamma - ditsy when it comes to computer stuff.............where's my wee computer guru when I need him??????????
    Today we are off to the rodeo, however we have to connect with about 4different buses to get there - should be a fun stress test - LOL
    I finally worked out to makr the coffee in our hotel rookm this morning, so finally a cuppa cafe.........yay for me
    Alrighty then people- best get myself on the go....................

G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Patti is offline Senior Member
    Have fun at the rodeo and then in Alaska! Hope this is a very relaxing trip for you. If you are in eastern Pennsylvania, let me know. I'd love to act as tour guide and to meet you.

Hello fellow americans - what a gorgeous country this is. We are absollutely loveing the people, the scenery - just everything. Sorry I am not posting much but having a few internet issues.......... nevermind we are cruisin the freeways............. hopefully catch you tomorrow
    G x

...small steps....

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Hello fellow americans - what a gorgeous country this is. We are absollutely loveing the people, the scenery - just everything. Sorry I am not posting much but having a few internet issues.......... nevermind we are cruisin the freeways............. hopefully catch you tomorrow
    G x
    Enjoy your drive!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hey Gwamma! Glad you are having fun! Woo-HOO!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    G x
    I'm so glad you're having a good time!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Hi guys - well only one more sleep before we are reunited with our wee poppett. I do not think that I will sleep tonight !!!!!
    Hope you are all well
    G x

...small steps....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    to you and your daughter, G.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

J - thank you. I cannot wait!!!!!!!
    We had our first drive in experience yesterday. I can,t remember the name of the place - but Gwammma and Gwandad are really ditsy.
    First we parked the car - not in a wee ,booth but round in the staff park, walked over to the place and IN the door.........oooops that's the kitchen!!!!!!!!! Finally realised that you push a wee button and order some food - which we did - but the voice on the other end couldn't understand a word of what we said - so she came out !!!!!!!!! We then ordered our food, sat and ate on the outside chairs, and finally went on our merry way. Ditsy - yes !!!!!!
    We have seen so many wild deer, and yesterday a fox ran across the road in front of us. A lot of the wild animals around here are looking really scraggly and then, and we are wondering if the winter has been hard. Also this area has. Had huge amounts of rain over the last we while.
    Another thing that DH has told me is around these mid west states there are alot of roads one mile appart. Apparently back in the day, the roads were mapped one mile x one mile, because it was easy to then measure the land. 1 mile x 1 mile = 640 acres .............. or so my dH tells me.
    In NZ if you were caught driving at 75 miles per hour (this is about 125 - 130 kms per hour) it would be loss of license or demerit points. Over here I can be rocking along at 75 miles/hour and get passed by a four wheel drive and trailer - and its al legal!!!!!!! That feels really weird
    Anyhoo we are loving this amazing country and if you haven't made the trip to America yet - I totally recommend it. Beautiful country, beautiful people!
    G x

...small steps....

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast