Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Look out america........................ page 21

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey Gwamma!

Sorry for the no-show here, but I just woke up - I am shaking off the effects of a 10mg Valium I took this morning in order to do some serious crown work at the dentist.

Re NYC: check out the website "Humans of New York" at Humans of New York. This guy is a photographer whose favorite subjects are just ordinary people on the streets of the Big Apple. No, I personally do not want to live there as I would seriously fear for my Third's safety (as she runs off, not that I expect her to be randomly attacked), but I used to work for a big brokerage firm at the old World Trade Center and I had nothing but good experiences in the city with its citizens (I commuted in from New Jersey). I suspect you personally will have one of those good times that will make you want to return.

Re Getting out of the car if stopped by the police - just sit quietly with your hands visible and wait for instructions. At night, turn on the interior lights and do the same. I have been stopped by cops about five times in my life, and I have never had a problem because I don't cop an attitude about it and I don't do anything stupid to make them think I am either crazed or criminal, and I think they appreciate that. Just FYI, it was for real cause in all five cases (my driving was, shall we say, lacking...). You know, it seems we all want the police to stop everybody else, but when it comes to us personally being stopped, then the defensiveness starts. As I am white-haired, white-skinned, and blue-eyed, I cannot answer to other Americans' (of different skin colors) experiences. THAT is a hot-button, much-discussed topic here.

Gwamma, tell me again - when does the big jetliner leave NYC to take you back home?
    Last edited by Crabbcakes; 04-30-2013 at 06:02 PM.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    is that some kinda code or are you literally selling yams...?
    Hey Mr Perfidy - y a r n. Looks like y a m when written in this font. My mom knits, and I myself really love a good y a r n shop, too!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Patti is offline Senior Member
    is that some kinda code or are you literally selling yams...?
    LOL, no code and I did mean Y A R N. Not that yams wouldn't be tasty but yarns are prettier. It was an invitation from one knitter to another to point out some of the best places to get wools and other fibers in this area. However, I'm not selling any myself! And I did have a wild thought that if Gwamma is in the area on the day that my knitting group gets together that she might enjoy meeting them - we even meet on a small farm which would be right up her alley. Although that could be construed as trying to hook her up with one of my favorite spinning fiber suppliers....

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Is San Diego on the final itinerary, G?
    Sadly no PB - not this trip, however Joanie and I are planning a wee trip to yours next time I am over - it will be a full on party trip - so we all need to start practicing NOW !!!!!!!!!

Philly is where it's at! Come to Philly!
    Sorry Mr Perfidy Sir - I was thinking you were in NY! ditsy me !!!!!!!
    Okay looking up philly now....................DD3 who has been in Indiana for a year - really really wants to see NY, and I would too. We see these places on the movies and in the news all the time, and we fly out of JFK -

Quote Originally Posted by Patti View Post
    Need any information about yarn shops along the way? If you're in north eastern Pennsylvania I'd be glad to show you around.
    A yarn shop - now theres a thought !!!!!!! althou I can find the best wools EVER over here in NZ. I am preparing my crochet to bring away with me. No point sitting idle in a plane - I might as well crochet/knit a blanket !!!!!!!

Looking up Pennsylvania now................... Rocky horror picture show comes to mind..............

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Hey Gwamma!

Gwamma, tell me again - when does the big jetliner leave NYC to take you back home?
    I hope you get that Dental stuff sorted soon CC.
    We fly home on the 17 June. It will come round so quick !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Patti View Post
    And I did have a wild thought that if Gwamma is in the area on the day that my knitting group gets together that she might enjoy meeting them - we even meet on a small farm which would be right up her alley. Although that could be construed as trying to hook her up with one of my favorite spinning fiber suppliers....
    Patti this sounds fun - atlas being opened now....................
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Yay, come to Pennsylvania, Gwamma! Visit the land of the Amish and the Three Mile Island nuclear plant!

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Okay looking up philly now....................DD3 who has been in Indiana for a year - really really wants to see NY, and I would too. We see these places on the movies and in the news all the time, and we fly out of JFK -
    haha see? marketing gimmick
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Yay, come to Pennsylvania, Gwamma! Visit the land of the Amish and the Three Mile Island nuclear plant!
    FW - hi how you doing ???? visiting the Amish sounds like fun !!!!!!! not sure about the nuclear plant !!!!!!! I will think on it !!!!!

haha see? marketing gimmick
    Mr P sir marketing or not - BE AFRAID !!!!!!!! be very afraid cos Gwamma might just come to the gym and do a work out with you !!!!!!! It wouldn't be pretty thou !!!!!!!

...small steps....

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    nineteen sleeps to go
    nineteen sleeps to go
    hi ho a-mer-i-can-oooooo
    nineteen sleeps to go !!!!!!!
    Lol have you got room in your suitcase Gwamma?
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Misabi - my darling wee kiwi man - yes please come to america with me and the old handbrake!!!!!! We would so have SSSSSOOOOOOOOO much fun !!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Wish I could Gwamma 😊
    Getting ready for a trip of my own in a few weeks, off to SE Asia for a couple of weeks. I was hoping it would be a break from the cold weather, but we're having a mild autumn up here a far. Still actually warm.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast