Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Look out america........................ page 20

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well don't you have the adventure waiting! Do you have your route all mapped out? It is a LONG way from west to east in America. But it sounds like you have plenty of time. What sites are you going too see along the way?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hiya Tomi, we are just gonna wing our west - east trip. I really really want to see Yellowstone. We have just had a series on our TV and it was amazing !!!!!. I would also love to see Mt Rushmore with the faces, the badlands, and we really want to see back country America. Our Daughter tells us that small town America is full of amazing people, and I love getting off the beaten track.
    DH loves driving up randoms driveways which actually gives me the geebies, however if we want to meet the locals we need to get in amoungst it !!!!!!
    and I do not mean that there aren't amazing people in the cities, but picture this............. hick town new zealanders driving around america on the wrong side of the road - trying to navigate through a city ??????? I don't think that would be pretty !!!!!!! So we might just experience Seattle (rental pickup) and New York NNNNNEEEEEWWWWWW YYYYYOOORRRRKKKK !!!!!

Mr Perfidy sir - what are you telling me?????? sometimes Gwamma needs an interpreter !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Mt. Rushmore is really a sight. And that part of the country has a special beauty.

New York - yesssss! Do every touristy thing you can while there. Top of the Empire State Bldg, Statue of Liberty, museums, Central Park, see a show on or off Broadway, art galleries, Times Square (even though they've chased out the hookers and drug dealers lo these many years), Italian Food, Pizza (!!!!)

I know it's not primal, but really, don't leave NY without eating pizza, preferably in Brooklyn, but anywhere in the five boroughs will do. Have a soft pretzel from a vendor - oh, and a knish. A Sabrett hot dog with onions. Have something like pastrami or corned beef at Katz's Deli. You can always be primal when you get home. Seattle, I don't know as well, but they have a very cool food scene. Lots of sea food and very creative preparations.

I'm so excited for you!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Patti is offline Senior Member
    What a wonderful trip you have planned, Gwamma! On my last cruise I ate something close to a Primal Diet, before I'd ever heard of Paleo/Primal eating.

After Seattle, an ice chest in the car is really the way to go. Some of my favorite traveling foods are Boar's Head deli meats, although we rarely splurge on them at home. This brand is widely available, delicious, and gluten free. Most towns have at least one grocery store and when shopping I usually stick to the perimeter of the store for produce, meat, and dairy. Packets of hard-boiled eggs are commonly in the dairy section. Often organic foods are grouped together both on the shelves and in the dairy and meat cases.

We love to meet local people when we travel. One of the best ways in the US and Canada has been to watch for signs to local fundraisers. Some of our favorites have been Fish Frys, Spaghetti Dinners, Pancake Breakfasts, Quilt Shows, Fiber Festivals (think sheep), and Flower Shows. Most of the food related ones will be difficult to navigate on a Paleo/Primal diet, but others should be easy.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    If you have a smart phone - and an international access option - then you can find lots of things to do and see along the way. Update us on your travels if possible are you bringing a laptop? Most hotels offer Wi-Fi now - as do many coffee shops. How exciting!! when we retire we plan to do a lot of traveling around the states.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    thanx guys - yep the tablet is coming along - so I will hopefully be able to keep this thread alive !!!!!!!
    and yes someone has suggested an eskie/ice chest. Wasn't aware of hard boiled eggs being available - but brilliant option!
    And Joanie on our way back at easter we picked up two American hitch hikers. One was heading back to live in NY the following week - so I got his number. He will hopefully be able to point us in the right direction.
    .......... and I am gonna have to do a session at the gym with Mr Perfidy Sir - cos I think that he is around those parts ??????
    Pebbles is a wee bit north, hopefully we will stop in and see CC on the way.................. who have I missed?????......so much to do...............
    I have started packing already. Very hard to know what sort of temperatures we will encounter - so I need to cater to both hot and cold. Thank fully our NZ merino clothes are light and exceptionally warm !!!!!!!
    if any of you need me to bring stuff from NZ - just yell !!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Paleobird Guest
    Is San Diego on the final itinerary, G?

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Gwamma NY sucks so bad. You will see so many people who sat on airplanes for an entire day so that they could take pictures of McDonalds commercials in Times Square. And you literally can't stand anywhere in Manhattan without being stared at by demons and tortured people hidden in architecture everywhere. It must be disquieting to anyone standing there, unconsciously. Literally anywhere, you will see old peasant woman carved into buildings with hunched backs and tormented groaning faces holding up stones, or devils with pointed teeth and shit. Also everything is marked up ridiculously expensive for the privilege of saying that it's in NY, because that conforms to the desperate fantasy life of the great many mediocre across the planet. The whole thing is a shitty marketing gimmick. Fuck NY.

Philly is where it's at! Come to Philly!
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Patti is offline Senior Member
    Need any information about yarn shops along the way? If you're in north eastern Pennsylvania I'd be glad to show you around.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    is that some kinda code or are you literally selling yams...?
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast