Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Look out america........................ page 14

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Even the most basic hotels have a concierge -- it's basically the people at the reception desk. Most of them have degrees in hospitality, so they are usually "johnny on the spot" about everything in the area.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    OMG I have just watched the Aron Ralston story. You know the guy that cut off his arm ???????
    I have decided that I will not be canyoning when I come to America !!!!!!! I will stick to the trails !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    LOL Gwamma!

Back in my teens, I used to read a lot of science fiction and horror. One story (don't remember the title) was about a guy who was stranded and started eating his own body parts to stay alive. Gave me the willies for years. :O
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

morning all - this is called a thread resurrection !!!!!

another question......... what sort of temperatures should I expect in Alaska mid may, and America may/june ???

...small steps....

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Gwamma, I haven't read all of the responses, but you are going to need more time in the states if you intend to visit all of your Primal friends. I live 2 hrs north of NYC.

oh buggar Pebbles, we are coming to New York but not quite that far north. I have been invited to a mosh session in that general area. Do you wanna come and mosh with me and Gaggag ?????

...small steps....

Okay all my wee Canadian friends..... we have had our cruise dates changed so now have 4 days in Vancouver before we depart...................
    last time in Vancouver we went up Grouse mountain, went to an amazing Museum ( British columbian or something)..... what else is worth doing whilst in this beautiful city ???????????????

...small steps....

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Sorry I can't be any help. You probably live closer to Vancouver than I do! Canada is REALLY BIG! Sounds like a wonderful opportunity, though.

Now if you ever want to come to beautiful central Ontario, I'm all over it !!
    Last edited by marthat; 03-03-2013 at 04:53 AM.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    morning all - this is called a thread resurrection !!!!!

another question......... what sort of temperatures should I expect in Alaska mid may, and America may/june ???
    Ohio in May is generally very nice, at least the 70s to 80s F, but I will warn you that I have suffered through more than a few Memorial Day weekends where the temps were in the 90s F, last year being an example. Memorial Day is the last Monday of May, a federal holiday, so no post offices or banks or government offices will be available, and school is closed. Just be prepared for anything from 65F to 95F and you will be good. Also know that many, many towns have parades, so that will disrupt traffic in the morning. Memorial Day is the remembrance of all military members who died while serving in any of the branches of the US armed forces.

If you are alive and currently in the armed forces, you get Armed Forces Day, which is the third Saturday in May.

If you have served in the armed forces in the past, you get Veterans Day, which is November 11.

Flag Day is June 14th, but not one of the big everything-is-closed holidays. Some towns have parades, lots do not.
    Last edited by Crabbcakes; 03-02-2013 at 07:21 PM.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am sure that if we come across a parade CC we will just go with the flow, and remember our own fallen soldiers.
    I need to do some adjustments with the temps. I am not sure what 65F to 95F would equate to...... looking up now

thank you

...small steps....

Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast