Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Look out america........................ page 12

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Gwamma, a lot will depend on how many hours per day you will realistically be on the road. I've done East to West Coast or vice versa (about 3,000 miles) about 10 times in my life. Shortest time: 3.5 days - can you say amphetimines + very young boyfriend with little need to sleep + stupidly fearless?. Longest: eight days. Older, and a windstorm in one of the Dakotas was so bad, we couldn't keep the light pickup in one lane, so we pulled over and spent an extra day there.

If you figure worst case scenario in driving hours, you can easily drive 350 miles per day (50mph x 7 hours actual road time). So, you could get from Seattle to New York in ten days. Three weeks will give you plenty of time barring anything big.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    I think me and GG are gonna have to re calculate LOL
    Nah, just prioritize. What are the must-see things. I'd say put the Grand Tetons on there and Yellowstone. Then everything else is an "if we have time" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Gwamma, a lot will depend on how many hours per day you will realistically be on the road. I've done East to West Coast or vice versa (about 3,000 miles) about 10 times in my life. Shortest time: 3.5 days - can you say amphetimines + very young boyfriend with little need to sleep + stupidly fearless?. Longest: eight days. Older, and a windstorm in one of the Dakotas was so bad, we couldn't keep the light pickup in one lane, so we pulled over and spent an extra day there.

If you figure worst case scenario in driving hours, you can easily drive 350 miles per day (50mph x 7 hours actual road time). So, you could get from Seattle to New York in ten days. Three weeks will give you plenty of time barring anything big.
    Jeez, Joanie, you're like hard core. You're a super hero. You've had quite a life. Do you have any awesome tattoos or anything? You should write your stories down somewhere. Your grand kids will love it.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I think prioritizing is the answer. I shall copy and paste all this amazing info and sift through it all.
    First thou I need to get me a basic map of America.
    you will all be proud of me - I have been practising folding the American flag, and singing the American anthem. I will fit right in !!!! I hope..............
    next square - done

Also what do I buy 12-13 year old twin boys??? Are American teenage boys into our all blacks ???
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Jeez, Joanie, you're like hard core. You're a super hero. You've had quite a life. Do you have any awesome tattoos or anything? You should write your stories down somewhere. Your grand kids will love it.
    Not really, I really don't like to fly if I can drive, and some of those were moves, so time wasn't too much of an issue. No tattoos - I've always been afraid of what they'll look like as things sag. *chuckle* And though I'm not sorry I never had kids, I would have liked grand kids because you can have fun with them, then hand them back to their parents. I do love the feeling of a car with a full tank of gas. It always makes me feel like I could just leave everything behind and go find new things to do and people to meet.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    We drive slowly, too. It's our preference. Everything takes longer.

gjfatkri is offline Junior Member
    put into a closet for storage.

Okay troups - today I am taking my atlas into Warehouse Stationary and photocopying some pages of America.............. Then me and GG are gonna plot a course.............

hopefully all the arguments will be done and dusted before we even step one foot into your beautiful country ................

...small steps....

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Okay troups - today I am taking my atlas into Warehouse Stationary and photocopying some pages of America.............. Then me and GG are gonna plot a course..........
    Don't forget to put little highlights on the map where we all are! I would be totally excited to have you and the ball-and-chain over to my place should you want or need the Marriage Partners Crabbcakes for anything. You'll probably miss most of us here in the US just because stuff happens like that and your daughter comes first, but if we are marked on your map, you can't blow past us by accident, at least.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

awwwww CC that is lovely - i will put you on the map

...small steps....

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Also what do I buy 12-13 year old twin boys??? Are American teenage boys into our all blacks ???
    I doubt more than 10 American boys have even heard of the All-Blacks, at least around here. I only did because I watched the movie "Whale Rider" and saw the Hollywood version of the haka. Then I YouTubed the haka, and found that some weird sports group called the All-Blacks did this regularly. Voila, Crabbcakes learns that rugby exists as a real, organized sport.

Up until then I kind of thought rugby was the street-fighting version of soccer, kind of like how bare-knuckles pugilism and gloved boxing are related to one another.

Although, that haka thing is pretty awesome.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast