Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Look out america........................ page 11

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    brilliant infomation - thank you all very much.
    I hope that a week to meander down to Indiana will be enough time ???

I have just skyped DD and she sent me this link

my crochet peacock - CROCHET

I don't think that I would be that clever to make this wee fella, but her host Mum just LOVES peacocks !!!!

CC I love your map idea - I think I read about it in your journal. I will get my wee grandsons a map each. A really neat way to teach a child how to problem solve, and think outside the square
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Gwamma, what method are you using to calculate driving distance here??

sbhikes is really, really right - this one BIG ass country, and just everybody except perhaps Canadians and Russians tends to underestimate simple distance/driving time here, especially taking into account our speed limits.

I will give you one example - I live close to the Ohio-Pennsylvania border. If hubby goes to the head office in New Jersey, which is in north-central New Jersey, taking I-80 the whole way, which is an interstate = faster driving (no small towns with stop lights or lower speed limits), and IF the weather is clear, and IF he stops only once for gas and a pee, the drive will take 8 solid driving hours at highway speed. Essentially crossing ONE American state.

If you are asking us if one week is enough, it would help us if we knew your math methods and/or the sources of your info.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

hmmmmmmm CC - DH who is an expert on all things, has calculated distance/speed using the 'get your eye in ' method.

Praps I need to do some calcs on the internet !!!! What is the open road speed ??? I think he was working on 100km/hour

...small steps....

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Interstate highway speed is 65 mph, sometimes dropping down to 55 or 50 mph if the interstate is going through/close to a city where there are a lot of highway exits/off-ramps and entrances/on-ramps. Hubby once told me that Montana has higher speeds, but the highest I personally ever have seen posted (driven through) is 70 mph. Through town proper is either 45 mph or 35 mph. State routes strongly tend to be 55 mph.

What is "get your eye in"? Would that be the time-honored method of "guess-timation"??
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post

What is "get your eye in"? Would that be the time-honored method of "guess-timation"??
    CC you are onto it !!!!

...small steps....

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    the intelligence and counter-intelligence and espionage potential in this thread is amazing...

is anyone considering that "squares" are something totally different?
    Gwamma I got my hand out, I'll never decline no tabs and go into debt to stockpile that good sabbath shit!
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I bet if you did a blanket in peacock blue, she'll be happiest. My friend loves peacocks (even has peacock feathers tattooed on her feet), but other than that, has no overt reference to peacocks. Just peacock blues in her house (in those hues) with pops of green and purple and black. She has a peacock blue sofa in an other-wise white/minimalst room.

Keep it simple, and it'll be used. (As it should be).

And yes. When we would go from Valley Forge PA to my sister in Pittsburgh, it was a 5 hr drive across the state if we were going fast and made no stops. Once DS was born and we made the trip, it was a much, much longer drive (i think we managed it in 7 hrs once). And that was the PA turnpike.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I saw 80mph speed limit in Utah on the I15 last summer. My truck can't go that fast, especially up the steep grades. I had to use the slow truck lanes and chug my way up at 45mph. I think these days rural interstates are 70mph most places.

I live in Southern California down in the "funny bone" of the "elbow" of the state. My mother lives in Northern California, a little north west of Lake Tahoe. It takes between 10 and 13 hours to drive there depending on whose car we take. I don't even leave the state and it's not even the entire state's length.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Haha, we did the 'guesstimate' thing, too, to start with. Looked at driving from Chicago to Toronto - it's just around the other side of the lake, after all. When we googled it, it's like 29 hours of straight driving!! Back to the old drawing board for us, lol.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think me and GG are gonna have to re calculate LOL

...small steps....

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast