Thread: Daily IF and aerobic training page

Runner is offline Member

Daily IF and aerobic training

Primal Fuel
    I want to start practicing daily IF but, giving the other daily duties, I would have to do my training (mostly aerobic) by the end of the fasting period. Is this something advisable or problematic?

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    You'll have less endurance while training in the fasted state. So performance just won't be as good. I can't think of any other reason why it would be a problem.

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    Mornings I swim are mornings I don't eat and therefore IF. I swim better those day....no indigestion...no heaviness in the pool....but I do need to eat shortly after getting home!
    Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
    http://thewoodsygal.com/

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    I go to the gym (crossfit like) at 6 am each morning, I do far better on an empty stomach. I do eat pretty soon after getting kids off to school, so usually within 90 min of workout.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JennGlob View Post
    I go to the gym (crossfit like) at 6 am each morning, I do far better on an empty stomach. I do eat pretty soon after getting kids off to school, so usually within 90 min of workout.
    I'm the same as Jenn. Fasted training is ideal because of the hormonal response, fat metabolism etc.
    if you are concerned with *performance* then you'll want to eat. There's a study out there how training in a fasted state can help improve endurance, but that's what it is -- training. When you are not training, but gunning for performance, you want food inside of your system.

morning workouts after you wake up are the best! Because... you've already been fasted for about 12 hours
    ad astra per aspera

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    I always do my training (running) in fasted state mornings or sometime around noon. So far I've found that the only thing that affects my endurance is what I've eaten the previous day. For example, if for some reason I've been VLC, I'll have a very hard time going over 3 mi.

avavioks is offline Junior Member
    haha,good,morning workouts after you wake up are the best! Because... you've already been fasted for about 12 hours,thanks

paleodog is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't compete but I am a performance road cyclist and have been training fasted. I feel much better after the workout (I will have a few anchovy fillets and maybe celeray sticks AFTER my workout. I am good until a light dinner that night. Wattage does suffer but I don't care because I'm not racing anyone. I just want to be lean, fit and healthy and my Paleo regimen has easilly accomplished that for me. In fact I often will fast for 24-hours 1-2 times a week and feel great.

No crazy appetite, cravings, etc. Now that's power. I thank my early ancestors for their evolution from food scarcity that allows US ALL to do that once we get off the sugar, grain, carb and appetite-inducing corporate food merry-go-round. Thank you Primal Blueprint!