Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Primal cure for alcohol addiction page 8

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    These 2 are just too much, I am sorry they are harassing you too Rasputina.
    Will you stop mentioning me every chance you get? This is an indirect form of harassment and I've reported you to the admins, called the cops, went on a daytime talk show, joined a support group, and filed a restraining order.

Newsflash, it can't be harassment if you keep bringing it up and replying to everything we post, because, in essence, aren't you harassing us in the first place? Also, it's the internet, you never have to see anything we post if you don't want to. I would never even reply to you, if you wouldn't mention mine or Zach's name and clearly antagonize us in arguments, because I find you particularly boring and lacking insight and anything worthy of a decent conversation, so this is pretty funny. Get over yourself.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 02-02-2013 at 07:53 AM.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    zach = derpamix

look at the patterns when they jump on the same threads

and same blatantly obvious attempts to get a rise

just go away now. pathetic

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    and to restate the obvious...if you join a forum derpamix and zach, just to provoke everyone

get a fucking life. seriously

watching everyone try like you seriously, and treat you in the spirit of this polite forum, maddening. just get. a. life.

BOY I SURE GOT TOLD BY THIS WHITE KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR

Seriously, dude, before you attempt to look any more foolish by trying to play forum hero, read over my original posts. I even received PM's from people apologizing for the way I was attacked on the OP's behalf in this thread, because they genuinely thought I offered helpful advice. People are stubborn and close-minded. If you take this as provoking, you haven't seen anything.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

I guess I better have a diet of eggs, pig fat, bacon, butter, muscle meat and avocados then I can say whatever I want around here and it won't be provoking and I won't need to get a life because I'll be part of the fat adapted secret club.

I guess this about sums everything you said up.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    I read some of the Julia Ross nutritional supplement advice today. I took 2 capsules containing: St. John's Wort, L-5-hydroxy tryptophan (Griffonia), Siberian eleutherococcus root extract, L-Tyrosine, and Inositol. I took this at breakfast. It make me feel very mellow, which I didn't like, because I wasn't my normal jokey-bubbly self, but I did not have the urge for a beer on the way home, so it may have promise. Tomorrow, I'll probably just have one capsule, see how that works, before I take another.
    That's an odd combination. I mean, I'm sure it works or something, but I've never combined my Tyrosine, Inositol or 5-HTP with anything. I take 5-HTP at night because it makes me sleepy. Maybe it would work better to take it at night?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by whitebear View Post
    I'm curious, if wanting is not enough then what dose it take? It takes convincing you you want it sometimes but the final decision falls on you. I'm sorry but there is no way around this unless you are imprisoned in which case your choices are made for you.
    I think it depends on the cause of the problem. I feel that some addictions can be seen in the same light as depression. I cannot will myself out of a depression. Something external needs to happen. Without the right diet and supplementation, I CANNOT drag myself out of a depression. Every day is a struggle to get out of bed, get to work, not snap at everyone I see. I have been struggling with this for 10 years now, so I've had plenty of time to figure out what I can and can't handle. When I'm primal, and take 5-HTP, I get by REALLY well. When I eat well and take the right supplements, sometimes my mood still gets low, but with that proper support, I CAN will myself out of a depression. If you have the right foundation, yes, you can convince yourself, but without it, you are stuck. Maybe you have never had that problem.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    I haven't tried this, but I will promptly check it out! Thank you!
    Rasputina, I have a severe binge eating disorder which could just as easily be a binge drinking problem. For me it is VLC and high fat that gives me the best staying power. But diet is only part of the answer. I like the l-glutamine recommendation and have used it myself. For supplements, have you tried 5htp? My weak times are evenings and nights. I read that evening bingers have low serotonin. Adding 50-100mg of 5htp around dinner time raises serotonin levels and helps with sleep. Good Luck.

EDIT: I should always read to the end of a thread. NW beat me to it.lol
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Lilith is offline Member
    I'm not sure that a diet/lifestyle can 'cure' an addiction to be honest. From my own experience (and this is only MY experience), I misused alcohol for about 11 years and I also had anorexia. These coping mechanisms stemmed from stuff that happened in childhood.

However, over the years, everytime stress would come into my life I would turn to the drink - so that could be a stressful day at work, meaning I'd have either a glass or bottle of wine in one sitting, to my divorce a few years back which had me drinking a bottle of wine most nights and blacking out.

I've been in therapy for over a year now and over Christmas I decided to have a 'dry' January because I'd gotten fed up of using the alcohol and I also feel I didn't need to use it any more, thanks to the work I did in therapy. I have not had a drink since and am now considering abstaining all together, because I have found I can now cope with life without the alcohol.

I haven't seen all the replies, but have you considered therapy? Maybe there are things that need to be got off your chest and talking to someone impartial can sometimes help with that?
    Lilith

'Be yourself, everyone else is taken' - Oscar Wilde

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Well there is a saying that the brain will have its dopamine. If you remove one form of perceived pleasure then you almost have to replace it with something else. From a healthy lifestyle standpoint this comes down to replacing destructive habits with constructive ones that still generate that response. Much of why people go to extremes I would suppose. Some call it an addictive personality, but it could just be that you have lived at a certain level for so long that you actually must replace that with something or several somethings to that same extreme extent. Not saying anything for certain, but I do think things like that runners high and other happy hormone rushes especially from exercise tends to help fill the void.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast