Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal cure for alcohol addiction page 6

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm a bit disappointed with the turn this thread took.

whitebear is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katemary View Post
    I'm a bit disappointed with the turn this thread took.
    In what way? What were your expectations?

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    Do I need to report you and Derpamix for harassment, or are you going to leave me alone?
    These 2 are just too much, I am sorry they are harassing you too Rasputina.
    I am sorry you are dealing with this, and I wish I had advice for you.
    Food was my thing, is it the same as alcohol?, I don't know maybe, it was something I couldn't stop doing (bingeing for a long time), going HFLC primal was what stopped this for me (I know you said you tried this). It was an addiction and a way to numb feelings I guess. My dad is an alcoholic and has been this way for longer than ive been alive (31 years) and no-one has been able to help him, and I think it is what will kill him eventually.
    For those who said it was as simple as just stop doing it, its just not. I don't know why my recent change with food stopped my bingeing, but it did, I can't say I am 100% cured though.
    I really wish you all the luck with this, and hope something from this thread may be able to help you in some way x

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    These 2 are just too much, I am sorry they are harassing you too Rasputina.
    I am sorry you are dealing with this, and I wish I had advice for you.
    Food was my thing, is it the same as alcohol?, I don't know maybe, it was something I couldn't stop doing (bingeing for a long time), going HFLC primal was what stopped this for me (I know you said you tried this). It was an addiction and a way to numb feelings I guess. My dad is an alcoholic and has been this way for longer than ive been alive (31 years) and no-one has been able to help him, and I think it is what will kill him eventually.
    For those who said it was as simple as just stop doing it, its just not. I don't know why my recent change with food stopped my bingeing, but it did, I can't say I am 100% cured though.
    I really wish you all the luck with this, and hope something from this thread may be able to help you in some way x
    Actually it is as simple as just stopping but you have to make up your mind that enough is enough. In the end people quit because they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by whitebear View Post
    Actually it is as simple as just stopping but you have to make up your mind that enough is enough. In the end people quit because they want to.
    Just wanting to is not always enough.

Just wanting to is not always enough.
    I think it is. It's a just a matter of how much you want it. Many think they should and think they want it but the ones who succeed know they want it. Ultimately the decision is on the individual.

Well I am not going to argue with you.

Well I am not going to argue with you.
    I'm curious, if wanting is not enough then what dose it take? It takes convincing you you want it sometimes but the final decision falls on you. I'm sorry but there is no way around this unless you are imprisoned in which case your choices are made for you.

For me, I don't know what it took, but after I changed to HFLC the urges to binge were just not there, I can't explain it. And its probably irrelevant to the OP, but I know I wanted to for many years, and I just was not able to do it. So yes I do think food has something to do with it, as someone else mentioned.
    For drinking, it could take something else, I don't know. But they are both addictions, and something that can control you. I used to go to buy food, and not even be aware until after I had eaten, hard to explain, but you have to have been there to know.
    WB< have you had an addiction?

For me, I don't know what it took, but after I changed to HFLC the urges to binge were just not there, I can't explain it. And its probably irrelevant to the OP, but I know I wanted to for many years, and I just was not able to do it. So yes I do think food has something to do with it, as someone else mentioned.
    For drinking, it could take something else, I don't know. But they are both addictions, and something that can control you. I used to go to buy food, and not even be aware until after I had eaten, hard to explain, but you have to have been there to know.
    WB< have you had an addiction?
    I am currently addicted to alcohol. Have not made up my mind to quit yet. I drink a lot but it dose not interfere with mine or my families life. My fam comes first but make no mistake I am a drunk.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast