Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal cure for alcohol addiction page 5

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Isn't there an ignore button somewhere so you can filter out people you don't want to hear from? I fail to understand the thrill in the rampant goading, over-reaction, piling on, button pushing, enabling button-pushing, and so forth. Move along folks.

FiveX is offline Member
    Howdy all,
    I am like Rasputina in that I love beer. Good tasting beer! Micro brews by the growler! But in my own life at 52 and recently retired from a stressful job; I've reached a point where I can take one of two paths (Okay I'm sure there are trails in between)!

Path 1=I can continue to drink too much, not all the time, but buzzed several days a week, hammered several times a month. I can continue to slowly increase my weight over the rest of my life and not be happy with myself in general.

Path 2=I can lay off the sauce, loose weight, sleep better at night, have a better relationship with my wife, feel better about myself.

I've chosen Path 2, for me! Yup because it's my choice, the Primal lifestyle is the kickstart I needed in my life. We can all do what we want in life and I've decided that I really need a change! Most of my friends drink heavily, we all do when we get together! One buddy says, "hey Bro we're functioning alcoholics." Another said, as he raised his double jack and coke "This is all we have left in life amigo!" My friends! I love them but I'm taking a different path now, for how long? I hope a long time! I'll still bbq, hunt/fish, play horse shoes, and ride motorcycles with my buddies! They don't care if I don't drink, and i don't care if they do.

I hope it works out, time will tell, i've only been doing this for two weeks lol! I have lost 13 pounds and sleep better and feel better! I went with a few buddies for a "drink' the other night. Here's what you order Rojo "a club soda with lime" then kick it with your friends. It's still fun just a little different angle, Peace....5x

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    why did you post, then, lol?
    I posted b/c I am getting increasingly annoyed by the tendency for so many threads recently to devolve into name calling.

I bothered to read the thread b/c this is something I struggle with in a mild way (meaning I drink more than I think is good for me, though not enough to have serious immediate health or relationship impacts). I also have a relative with a significant alcohol binge issues.

jkr
    jkr is offline Senior Member
    Look into the NADA protocol and The Mood Cure.

whitebear is offline Senior Member
    I don't think the OP really wants help. Some have offered legitimate stories and advice only to me met with contempt. I am an alcoholic. I drink lots of whiskey. Probably like 3-5 fifths a week. Even in my drunkenness I know I'm the only one and the only thing that can stop it. If you really want to stop then quit talking about it and do it. Otherwise bottoms up mofo.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whitebear View Post
    I don't think the OP really wants help. Some have offered legitimate stories and advice only to me met with contempt. I am an alcoholic. I drink lots of whiskey. Probably like 3-5 fifths a week. Even in my drunkenness I know I'm the only one and the only thing that can stop it. If you really want to stop then quit talking about it and do it. Otherwise bottoms up mofo.
    Thanks for the support. Bottoms up to you, too.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    I'm done. Thank you for those that have been helpful. Everyone else, have fun tearing me down and talking about how weak I am without me. I hope you're satisfied with yourselves,

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    Thanks for the support. Bottoms up to you, too.
    Hey I'm near the bottom of a bottle right now. No one to blame but me. Think Ill do it again tomorrow too. But F it my family is well fed and I take care of my business. No one but my poor liver is any worse for the ware.

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdilla View Post
    I haven't read through all of this thread, so I don't know if this has been said, but...

It's about dedication. Be strong and you can do it all by yourself.
    Nice idea, but most people can't. If we could cure ourselves with dedication and meditation, believe me we would.

Curious to see the drunken responses from different time zones. I'm watching the Doors live at Hollywood Bowl right now and it's nice.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast