Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal cure for alcohol addiction page 4

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    Yep, I'm a happy drinker. I wish I wasn't such a drinker, because I know it's horrible for my health, but am I depressed? Nope. You, Derpamix, belong to a certain group of people who always have to have an answer for everything. You're right about everything, aren't you? You've experienced everything, haven't you? Go suck an egg
    You are not a special snowflake. Cant stop drinking beer? Dont buy the beer. Drink too much at the bar? Dont go to the bar. Cant do that then you have no one or nothing to blame but yourself. There is nothing nutritional you are getting from beer that you are missing in your diet.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Artbuc View Post
    Sorry, but you do not have a clue. Reaching out to alcohol several times does not give you even the slightest glimpse into the world of an alcoholic.
    You know nothing about me and what I've been through. I didn't become addicted to alcohol because I stopped myself. I have been through enough things that would spiral me in a never ending cycle of self-destruction had I let it. Are we really so weak?

Knifegill is a good example of what I'm talking about. His strength to overcome addictions should be testament to our willpower. Everyone is capable of it.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Actually I did. What makes you drink? Zach asked this question already, but it was poorly received because it wasn't "Oh, I'm sorry, poor thing!" or "I understand, it must be so tough on you" and similar statements in this vein. But, it's actually a lot more empathetic than those statements because he and myself genuinely want to understand and make you really think about it from a personal perspective.

If not something habitual, because it's what you're used to, and what makes you feel good, what else could it be? Do you unknowingly pick up a beer and just start drinking?

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    I haven't read through all of this thread, so I don't know if this has been said, but...

The only cure for alcoholism is yourself. Developing skills of self-control, discipline, etc. It's very challenging but it must come from within you... don't rely on your nutritional intake to do it for you. I suggest meditation. Writing. Self-reflection. Relaxing and thinking about your life, who you are, where you want to go, what you want to do. Inspire yourself. Dedicate yourself.

It's about dedication. Be strong and you can do it all by yourself.
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    You are not a special snowflake. Cant stop drinking beer? Dont buy the beer. Drink too much at the bar? Dont go to the bar. Cant do that then you have no one or nothing to blame but yourself. There is nothing nutritional you are getting from beer that you are missing in your diet.
    Rough crowd.

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

~H. L. Mencken

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Rough crowd.

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

~H. L. Mencken
    Can you please tell me what is wrong about that statement?

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Dr. Natasha Cambel Mcbride (GAPS) thinks addiction is due to haywire gut flora, which messes up the brain gut axis. Many of the advantageous flora love sugar too, and can cause additional alcohol cravings.

My issue was binge drinking 1-2x/ week. I was primal 1 yr and now I have been primal version of GAPS for 14 months ( eat everything that is GAPS legal, and omit beans because of primal). In that time I have stopped binge drinking. I am able to have a glass of wine with dinner and be totally fine. I also began a serious daily meditation practice and found a teacher that I see in a group setting weekly.

I would say the combination of those things have led me to where I am now, and it is a slow process with many missteps. I had to change and sometimes end relationships, as well as adjust long standing patterns and understandings in my marriage. There were many times where it was not easy.

I believe in you!
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Great, you're taking supplements and even tryptophan to help cure your alcoholism. Do you know the dangers behind tryptophan?

bdilla's post is pretty insightful, I hope you read it over.

Zach is offline Banned
    Stay in denial, Rasputina.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Stay in denial, Rasputina.
    Do I need to report you and Derpamix for harassment, or are you going to leave me alone?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast