Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is There a Modern-Day Garden of Eden? page

Rasputina is offline Senior Member

Is There a Modern-Day Garden of Eden?

Primal Fuel
    Is there a certain country, or specific region, that could be deemed a modern equivalent to the Garden of Eden, as in, a place that is plentiful in produce and game, and temperate in climate, for most of the year? If so, why aren't we all trying to live there?

whitebear is offline Senior Member
    I've heard Belize is nice.

Paleobird Guest
    When I was there I really felt like the area around My Kilimangaro in Tanzania was the Garden. It is near where all the archeological finds of the Oldupai gorge were found (Lucy and friends) so I think that, in some kind of a cultural ancestral memory way, it could have been the place that inspired such stories. Your could easily live there off of fruits, nuts, fish, with all the fresh water you need as long as the glacier lasts on top of the mountain. The soil is incredibly rich. You just toss some seeds out and stuff grows. And everything grown there tastes like it is just bursting with nutrients. I felt so incredibly *healthy* there.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    There are some places, Southeast Asia comes to mind. If we were all trying to live there, it would be a clusterfuck and no longer the garden if Eden, now, would it?
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    If we had good weed and a drum beat, why not? We'd need to crush monogamy though or everything would turn into women manipulating men to give their nuclear family children an advantage.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    I'd say pretty much all the "Blue zones" would qualify. Enough good food, fair weather, active lifestyle but plenty of leisure time, strong social bonds. I could live like that.

So we'd herd animals and live in small bands of self-sustaining nomads, right?

NATO's army seems to hate such people...
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    everything would turn into women manipulating men to give their nuclear family children an advantage.
    Jeez louise, are you single by any chance?!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

nah I have a wife.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Do you hate her?!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast