Hey y'all,

I'll make this as brief as I can, but it may get long, so I apologize in advance...

I've been battling some severe digestive issues on & off for about 7 years, but this past February, it got REALLY bad, out of nowhere. Every time I eat, I experience pain, cramping, nausea, gas, bloating, constipation... the works. I'm also having night sweats, heart palpitations, fogginess, "tingly" hands & feet after eating, and mild insomnia (can't sleep more than 6 hours a night). I also have a strange tightening in my throat a couple hours after eating. [NOTE: My mother is hyPOthyroidic, and my dad is hyPERthyroidic. We're looking into the possibilitiy of a thyroid condition or Hashimoto's; still waiting on results.] Used to have on & off diarrhea, but not anymore (sorry if TMI). I've been in & out of ERs and doctor's offices, 2 CT scans, 2 endoscopies, 1 colonoscopy (this past Friday), numerous x-rays, blood tests, & urinalyses, and 1 stool test. All normal, all negative. Have only ruled out Crohn's & ulcerative colitis thanks to the colonoscopy. Waiting on biopsy results. Could be SIBO, but can't confirm yet. All in all, I've gotten the big bupkis as far as a diagnosis, except the ubiquitous "IBS." Boo. >P

Stats: 31yo F, 5' tall, currently 95lbs. I've lost 20 pounds in a year from not being able to eat much of anything solid w/o having pain in my guts. Been on a liquid diet twice with little improvement. Have tried candida diet & several elimination diets (cut out nuts & seeds, eggs, dairy, even CHICKEN for a while, FODMAPs, nightshades, and pork). Toying with starting GAPS, but I can't take the time off work to really go through the Introduction Phase. I take probiotics, a multi-vitamin, fish oil, and just started L-Glutamine today. I do yoga 3x/week. I would like to say that I'm fully Primal, but I'm really not. I eat flavored yogurt (lactose-free), put flavored creamer in my decaf coffee (though it is pasture-raised cream), and occasionally eat gluten-free baked goods (bread and cookies, mostly). And no, this did NOT all start because I started eating non-Primal foods. I started eating non-Primal foods so that I could gain the weight back. Ice cream may have saved my life last summer; I gained 7 pounds when I started eating it every night. I'm thinking about doing it again, but if I've got SIBO or candida, the LAST thing I want to do is feed the little bastards.

Bottom line: I need to GAIN weight, but I want to do it right. I'm not in good enough helath to weight train, so that's out for now. I eat sweet potatoes at least once a day, sometimes twice, and while it helps things 'move along' so to speak, I don't think it's doing much for weight gain. I'm reluctant to eat rice since it may make my gut dysbiosis situation worse (if that's indeed what it is). In other words, while I'm waiting for a more solid diagnosis, I want to get back the health & vitality I had when I first started my Primal journey in Sept 2011. I was incredibly happy for those 5 months before this all started. My weight was perfect. I had energy like a 6 year old. Nothing was impossible. And then there was THIS... ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Please remember, I want to gain back my body fat; I don't need to lean out any more than I already have, so a LeanGains approach won't work for me. Thank you all in advance, and Grok on!!! ~Siren