Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Staggered by the fact that I'm not hungry page

Tamsyn8484 is offline Junior Member

Staggered by the fact that I'm not hungry

Shop Now
    Ok, I admit, I am only a few weeks into 'full' primal eating but I have been wheat and bread free for nearly a fortnight before moving into the primal way of life.

But my first observation is simply that well...I'm simply not hungry! I find it easy to go from breakfast to dinner without even thinking about food. This is a far cry from days old where I used to literally be counting down the minutes until I was able to eat my next 'meal' and obsessing about what I was eating and what it would taste like.

I am also a recovered bulimic, and so acutely prone to emotional eating, and in the last week or two I haven't had the daily struggle of only consuming the one slice of toast, or one bagel (obviously the reasons for this are clear to me now I know all about the effects of grains and insulin!!!), or 40grams of pasta which is giving me a sense of inner peace and calm around food which, honestly, I can't remember feeling ever!

My second observation, is how much less bloated and sluggish I feel general, especially after eating and last thing at night - its staggering, and worryingly shows me just how much damage my wheat and grain diet of old was actually doing to my body and my digestive system.

I know I am brand new in terms of adapting to this lifestyle, but if the last few weeks are anything to go by I really am looking forward to my happy, healthy, primal future!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Great results so far.
    Its a great feeling isn't it

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I had the same experience as you. I was floored how I wasn't hungry or thinking about food. And then I got mad at how I berated myself all those years for not having better willpower and for how I thought I must have an eating disorder and therefore am probably emotionally damaged. None of that was true. I just needed to eat different foods.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    I noticed this as well, when I went primal. I used to eat 3 meals a day and 2 in-between meal snacks. Now I no longer snack because I just don't get hungry in between meals. On weekends sometimes I'll only eat once a day, if I slept in and am not burning a bunch of calories. And I can tell you pre-primal that would NOT have happened. It used to be when I got hungry it felt like an emergency (my blood sugar would crash, I'd get the shakes and couldn't think properly) and now that just never happens. Unless I'm cheating and eating like crap.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

paleodog is offline Member
    I know, same experience here. The only thing I think about is "shouldn't I be hungry right now?" I usually skip breakfast daily and fast 24-hours 1-2 days a week-only because I can. What a powerful feeling!

SurpriseMe is offline Junior Member
    I see a lot of comments about not being hungry. I am now on day 8 and I am still eating 3 times a day. While I am not constantly thinking about food, the time between meals is longer. I haven't reached the "not hungry, don't eat this meal feeling".
    My first 5 days the scale went down. On the 6th day, up .4 and today up .1
    I thought maybe I was eating too much bacon and it was due to the soduim that I might be up. I reduced my intake of bacon and cut down on my dairy intake. I also increased my veggies at lunch time, hugh salad with canned chicken. Any comments, suggestions?

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseMe View Post
    Any comments, suggestions?
    You are on day 8, relax. Also .4 and .1? Both of those values are less weight than a single 8oz glass of water. again, relax.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by specsAreGrok View Post
    You are on day 8, relax. Also .4 and .1? Both of those values are less weight than a single 8oz glass of water. again, relax.
    Yep, please also stop weighing yourself daily, even once weekly is a little too much.
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Yep, please also stop weighing yourself daily, even once weekly is a little too much.
    This x1000000.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

paleodog is offline Member
    . . . What he said

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast