Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I don't like eggs. page 2

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    I'm thinking in order to get that egg benefit in my diet, I might have to disguise it inside something else (custard with honey?).
    I love custard. I especially love it for breakfast. If you like bananas, a can of coconut milk, a mashed banana and 3 eggs is easy and requires no additional sugar. A can of pumpkin, a can of coconut milk or 1.5 cups milk or cream, 3 eggs and 1/2 cup sugar is basically pumpkin pie filling. I think honey should work too. I plan to try it and maybe add additional egg if the honey makes it too liquid. And then, of course, there's alway just plain custard, milk, eggs and something sweet.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Reminds me....my kids love bananna/egg pancakes.

Just 2 eggs/1 banana. Blend for 10 seconds (or mash) and pour out as pancakes cooked in butter or coconut oil. Top with some real maple syrup or honey if your feeling frisky.

I usually do 4eggs/2bananas to feed both my 5 and 3 year olds breakfast.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    Title pretty much says it. If I fry an egg, it smells great but the eating it part is never going to reach completion.

I'd rather be punched in the head than eat a hard boiled one - even worse. Yolk especially.

Scrambled...haven't tried that in years.

I'm thinking in order to get that egg benefit in my diet, I might have to disguise it inside something else (custard with honey?).

In lieu of disguising egg (I suppose I could huck scrambled eggs in with my stir fry - eating a lot of that lately), what kind of foods "make up" for it?

Thanks,

M.
    I'm sorry, you must be confused. One of the basic tenets of primal is telling cholesterol-phobes about the six-egg omelet you just ate. You are hereby banished from the MDA forums until you learn to eat ungodly amounts of eggs.

Seriously, if you don't like eggs, don't eat them. Make sure you have your nutritional bases covered as mentioned already.

banananutmuffin is online now Senior Member
    Fresh eggs have a natural "bloom" on them that protects bacteria from permeating the shell. If you leave your eggs unwashed, you don't need to refrigerate them. I leave eggs at room temp for weeks at a time (fresh from my own backyard chickens).

I agree: If you don't like them, don't eat them. Lots of other options. But what about a nice crustless quiche? That's a favorite of mine. Or egg salad sandwich made with paleo mayo. Or deviled eggs made with paleo mayo.
    Female, 40 yrs old, 5', 120 lbs (post-pregnancy)
    Went Primal January 2, 2012!

Paleo Cooking for Cavekids cookbook

meloroaster is offline Senior Member
    I am also not a huge egg fan...ever since i was a kid!
    BUT i've realized that it's the distinct eggy taste and texture i don't like...which means if i can't taste it, they are a-ok.
    Main thing i miss is the breakfast thing...feel like an outcast!

I've found a few ways to eat them though that i like...
    - eggs with TONS of veg...i mean, basically as a binding ingredient. kale, broccoli, peppers, grated squash/yam, mushroom, anything! yum. and i cook the be-jeezus out of them so no runny stringy bits (nasty). i do fritattas this way too and grate parmesan on top
    - egg yolks in morning coffee!!! this was crazy to me but an egg yolk with a few tbsp of coconut oil, add coffee REALLY slowly at first (so egg doesn't "cook"). this makes the most delicious coffee EVER. also good morning substitute. add cocoa powder and/or cinnamon for even more awesomeness

Bifcus is offline Senior Member
    Homemade mayo or bernaise/hollandaise sauce. By the time you add heap of mustard and vinegar you'd be hard pressed to taste the egg. Yumm.

Or any form of baking. Google paleo muffins and you get heaps of ideas using coconut or nut flours.

sunsis is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Reminds me....my kids love bananna/egg pancakes.

Just 2 eggs/1 banana. Blend for 10 seconds (or mash) and pour out as pancakes cooked in butter or coconut oil. Top with some real maple syrup or honey if your feeling frisky.

I usually do 4eggs/2bananas to feed both my 5 and 3 year olds breakfast.
    this is how i sneak eggs into my 2yo's diet!

edit: also add about a table spoon of almond meal because its a bit runny for me to flip. also if im feeling somewhat creative (read this as ive actually had a decent nights sleep), ill add some vanilla extract and cinnamon.

StephenHLi is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    What about the poached egg version or omelet?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12