Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 month since going Primal and....

Hybrid View

1 month since going Primal and....

I've been primal since jan 4th and still no movement in the scale or measurements. I use myfitness pal to judge how much I'm eating(1500-1700cal) a day as a 43yo male 5'10" tall. Im eating no grains or dairy at about 50-60 grams a day of carbs. I buy almost all of my meat and chicken as free range or grass fed. My energy levels are good and I'm never really hungry like I was as a carb eater. I just thought I should be starting to drop the fat by now. 41 inch waist is too much!

breakfast: 2 eggs and 4oz of shrimp with spinach and 1/2 grapefruit

Lunch: 5oz of either chuck roast or chicken and steamed kale in coconut oil

dinner: 6-8oz of meat with veggies and a pat of butter

snack: usually a paleo muffin( made with almond flour and eggs (200cal each).

maybe I'm missing something ? 12 miles a week walking

Your calories seem low, I eat way more than that and I am a female, 38 yo, 5'10", 222lbs.

You could try adding more fat and see if that helps? Lots of great information here The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D. The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D. that might help.

Thanks Kymma maybe that is the problem

I am in Kymma's court. Since 6/15 I have lost an average of 1.2 pounds a week at ~2000 calories a day. I don't feel great at the very low carbohydrate level. I target 100-150 for carbohydrate.

Male
    53 years old
    SW 215
    CW 174

Maybe try cutting back on the muffins? They may not be that many calories, but it takes a lot of almonds to make enough flour for a muffin. Paleo baked goods are generally considered to be an okay occasional treat, not an everyday snack.

I think Kymma may be onto something with the calories. I've been Primal for a month as well and am down 10lbs. I am 6'4" and quite active, and I eat roughly 3000 calories per day. I tracked everything for a couple weeks, and I am usually 60% fat, 30% protein, and 10% carbs.
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

Agree with the others--I lost about 2-3lb.s per month for over 6 months eating around 2500 cal/day (some days 1500, some 3000), though I'm 6'-2" and 48 years old. In addition to walking I do the occasional sprinting and bodyweight training. The thing I must do, though, to keep the weight off, is sleep enough. Lack of sleep raises cortisol (stress hormone). Not eating enough might make your body go into starvation-hoard mode.

I knew i would get some great responses . I will cut down on the muffins to a couple times a week and increase my calories and see how that works. Thanks everyone

Also if you are eating more fat at each meal, you will find you will not need to snack.

Also give it some time, really you are still new at it..