Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1 month since going Primal and.... page 3

primal_alex is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by buddylee13 View Post
    Thanks Alex , I have upped my cal to 2000 a day and have added more coconut oil and fattier meats. I definatly do not need a snack at all. I feel great so we will see how it goes. I may try and skip breakfast but then I would really have a hard time making 1600 cal a day
    Looking forward to reading about your progression.

I agree, with just two main meals sometimes it is hard, that's why I have a spreadsheet with ingredients and check what I am going to eat. I make up for the missing calories/fats with some macadamias here and there, one yogurt (homemade eh?) or blueberries if the carbs-count is really really low for the day. I may even drink my tea with honey or maple syrup instead of stevia, 2 grams of it is not a poison. I just try not to concentrate all the sugars in one meal: the only thing I am totally sure about food science is that THIS is unproductive.

Skipping the breakfast is not mandatory, it was just a suggestion. I myself am still experimenting a lot. They say one size doesn't fit all, even if the current size fits me, I'm checking if I find one that fits even better.
    Intermittent Fasting and in general the fasted workout, instead, are something you should try: yesterday I had my routine at 6pm after having breakfast (200 grams of smoked salmon + 10g of oil of olive) and nothing else throughout the day. I did slowly executed pullups over and over for 40 minutes with all possible grips. No bananas, no gat0rade, just my ketones.

Dinner was a huge red curry lamb wok, with (in order of appearance) coconut oil, onions, dried ginger, black cumin, finely cut bell pepper, lamb fillet cut in dices - let it sauté - coconut milk, black pepper and of course yellow curry powder, sweet pepper red pigment and some hot paprika. One square of 90% dark chocolate as a threat for the fasting day. I did make 1700 calories, but that was the fasting day. Today I am back to 2000.

gjfatkri is offline Junior Member
    I will cut down on the muffins to a couple times a week and increase my calories and see how that works. Thanks everyone

Lizard is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primal_alex View Post
    Looking forward to reading about your progression.

I agree, with just two main meals sometimes it is hard, that's why I have a spreadsheet with ingredients and check what I am going to eat. I make up for the missing calories/fats with some macadamias here and there, one yogurt (homemade eh?) or blueberries if the carbs-count is really really low for the day. I may even drink my tea with honey or maple syrup instead of stevia, 2 grams of it is not a poison. I just try not to concentrate all the sugars in one meal: the only thing I am totally sure about food science is that THIS is unproductive.

Skipping the breakfast is not mandatory, it was just a suggestion. I myself am still experimenting a lot. They say one size doesn't fit all, even if the current size fits me, I'm checking if I find one that fits even better.
    Intermittent Fasting and in general the fasted workout, instead, are something you should try: yesterday I had my routine at 6pm after having breakfast (200 grams of smoked salmon + 10g of oil of olive) and nothing else throughout the day. I did slowly executed pullups over and over for 40 minutes with all possible grips. No bananas, no gat0rade, just my ketones.

Dinner was a huge red curry lamb wok, with (in order of appearance) coconut oil, onions, dried ginger, black cumin, finely cut bell pepper, lamb fillet cut in dices - let it sauté - coconut milk, black pepper and of course yellow curry powder, sweet pepper red pigment and some hot paprika. One square of 90% dark chocolate as a threat for the fasting day. I did make 1700 calories, but that was the fasting day. Today I am back to 2000.
    Alex - I am also trying to keep my fats high at 112g (80%),(only eat chicken/fish/eggs) sometimes difficult to keep it high without adding so cheese - do you eat cheese/dairy at all?? Actually trying to avoid dairy....
    Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

Restarted the journey:
    SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
    CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
    GW: 130lbs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123