Thread: Primal Journal - Lady Daraine page

Primal Journal - Lady Daraine

Primal Fuel
    So even though I have a blog, I've decided to go ahead and make a journal.... I'll do it here instead of in a notebook.
    This is my 5th day in a row going primal, and this time I am sticking to it. I had to go shopping yesterday, and instead of picking up chocolate I managed to keep away (it's a cheating trigger for me right now). I've been getting my 7 and a half hours of sleep that I need, and I woke up yesterday at 7:45, trying to figure out what you do on a Saturday morning if you aren't sleeping in? (I tried to go back to sleep out of habit and couldn't!) I got a ton done, so I am liking this whole lifestyle so far.

Today, for brunch I had "riceless sushi" - nori wrapped around a slice of avocado and a piece of tuna sashimi, dipped into tamari. I ate about half a pound of tuna and a whole avocado. It felt good.

Later today I have a plan to eat some shrimp, marinated in Cajun spices and lime, them grilled up quick, with some sauteed zucchini and mushrooms. If I'm hungry before then, I have cheese and leftover london broil to eat in the fridge. Or bacon, I can always fry up some bacon.

Yesterday I worked on my yard for 3 hours (it's been neglected for a while, oops) and vacuumed my car out. Today, I'll wash it - I'm normally lazy about this but I figured it won't rain for a while so it's about time.

I'm challenging myself until the end of April - these are my rules:
    1. No drinking. Talk about a catalyst for screw ups… just no more.
    2. No milk; only 4 ounces of cheese or sour/heavy cream a day.
    3. No grains. Period.
    4. 100 grams of protein (ish) and no more than 60 grams carb a day… fill in my other calories from fat.
    5. IF once a week.
    6. Get at least 7 1/2 hours sleep a night (seems to be my magic number) except when there are uncontrollable circumstances.
    7. Walk at least 15 minutes a day.
    8. Start a sprint/workout program.

I'm looking into sites to help me figure out the program. I've listed what stuff I have on my blog, so if you'd like to make recommendations that would be cool, and I'm looking around on here. CrossFit just confuses me so far, so I'm thinking to start more simple. I saw the simple fit site, so that's where I will probably start.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome! The more the merrier for me!
    "The rose petal floats on water. The kingfisher flashes above the pond. Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death."

-al'Lan Mandragoran
    "The Eye of the World" by Robert Jordan

Visit my blog: http://www.antihousewife.com/

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    It looks like a good plan- pretty similar to what I do actually.

As for workouts, I need structure, and my routine is constantly changing because I can't seem to find the right structure. I did Jillian Micheals' 30-Day Shred and liked it.

I hear ya on the chocolate. Chocolate and nut butters. They're evil. :P

So here I am at school, I decided not to eat breakfast since I wasn't hungry and to do my IF today. This will be my second long one. I've skipped breakfast before (spent a few years of my life skipping it every day) but I think today I might skip lunch too. If I eat lunch, it'll put me at a 16 hour fast. Skipping lunch would mean I'd have to wait till I get home to eat, which would put me at a little over 24 hours. My longest fast was a 36 hour fast, but it was difficult since I don't think I was very adapted yet. By the time I went to bed, I was not feeling well. I don't want to go that long today.
    Of course, as soon as I got to work this morning I got hungry. But I want to do this once a week, and today is it.

My big primal goal for today is to make a plan for the next 3 days. Here in Texas, where I teach, our students will be taking their state test. I teach 5th, and T/W is 3,4,6 testing and 5th on Thursday. These days are always hard for me, since there are lots of good looking baked goods, chocolate, and other non-primal food around. I'm going to make a plan for avoiding the nastiness, since I know it won't look nasty when I see it and I'll want to eat it even though I know better. I am also thinking about things I can pack up to carry around with me to have something of my own to eat. I will be going to Sprouts for some dried apricot (not much, but enough to satisfy my sweet tooth) and maybe some jerky. If I can find an insulated bag, I'll bring some cheese too. Maybe some pre-made guac from the tomato and avocado I have at home? I'm not sure, but I'll come up with something.
    Any suggestions? Last testing session I caved and paid for it with a migraine, so I really want to do this right.
    "The rose petal floats on water. The kingfisher flashes above the pond. Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death."

-al'Lan Mandragoran
    "The Eye of the World" by Robert Jordan

Visit my blog: http://www.antihousewife.com/

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    The apricot and jerky sounds like a fantastic combo! Mmm... yummy!