Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: February Fast page

Sabine is offline Senior Member

February Fast

Shop Now
    I am going to be doing a fast at the beginning of February. Anyone want to join in?

We have had a few other threads on fasting. If you are interested, you might do a search and read through them. People have been doing different types of fasting, and for different reasons.

Personal notes: My reasons for fasting are for auto-phagy. I'll be going for 2-4 days. I've gotten out of the habit of weighing recently, so I don't think I will weigh at all. I will be drinking water with lemon juice and salt added, having no food, and doing some extra activities like cold baths, drinking detox tea, dry skin brushing, and some extra slow walking.

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    I might bite. I have found some "boosting" effects from IF (12-16hr, every other day) but I got out of the habit lately. Which is sad because I swear I was going into ketosis two weeks ago (frequent urination, weird taste in mouth). Could use a turn back to the norm.

It would be 1 Feb to 3 or 4 Feb?

So long as I can keep my tea, I think I'll be fine. What's "dry skin brushing" entail, though?

Oh, and can I keep coffee? Taking the S.O. out on the 1st for coffee.

M.

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    I am in for limited fasting. I did 17.5hrs yesterday and I liked it. It surprised me how easy it was; not something I could have done pre-primal I don't think.

I was planning to do a "Leangains" approach and keep my eating inside an 8 hour window.
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

MEversbergII-When we have done it as a group before, everyone does their own thing and just uses the thread as a place to connect, get some support, share experiences. So, tea and coffee is fine if that is what you want to do.

Dry skin brushing is using a soft bristle brush on your skin, brushing from your extremities towards your heart, doing arms, legs, trunk. It is supposed to help with detox by stimulating your nervous system. Takes about 5-10 minutes to do. I find it both relaxing (during) and enervating(after).

I will be having my last meal tonight, and then seeing how far, within the 2-4 days window, I get. The Super Bowl may interfere.

Itchy166-Although you are welcome, I don't know if this would be a good thread for IF. I was thinking more along the lines of regular fasting, as in no food. There are a couple of IF threads going most times, where you might find more items to your interest.

Planning pork carnitas for my evening meal tonight...then I'm off to the races!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Ill join you
    I will fast till breakfast Monday (just had late breakfast Friday). Going for a 3 hour drive to pick up my husband from a conference, and they plan on having dinner there, but I bet we won't find anything decent, so I was going to IF anyway.
    I will still have tea or coffee with HWC if I need to though.
    Sabine do you have any liquids or just water?

Hey, Ayla. I drink water with lemon juice and salt in it, and tea. Some people have had good success with having a small amount(<50calories) of cream in their tea or coffee. Or even a small serving of kraut juice or bone broth. But I am one of those all or nothing types. I can stay completely away from it, but if I have just a taste of something, I want more and more.

My S.O. and I are on board.

I think I could do two days at least. I'll try and chime in.

Water, coffee and tea for us. Cycling is our exercise (we're car-free weird-o's)

M.

lougskypes is offline Junior Member
    me too,well, good idea,I was planning to do a "Leangains" approach and keep my eating inside an 8 hour window.thanks

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    MEversbergII-When we have done it as a group before, everyone does their own thing and just uses the thread as a place to connect, get some support, share experiences. So, tea and coffee is fine if that is what you want to do.

Dry skin brushing is using a soft bristle brush on your skin, brushing from your extremities towards your heart, doing arms, legs, trunk. It is supposed to help with detox by stimulating your nervous system. Takes about 5-10 minutes to do. I find it both relaxing (during) and enervating(after).

I will be having my last meal tonight, and then seeing how far, within the 2-4 days window, I get. The Super Bowl may interfere.

Itchy166-Although you are welcome, I don't know if this would be a good thread for IF. I was thinking more along the lines of regular fasting, as in no food. There are a couple of IF threads going most times, where you might find more items to your interest.

Planning pork carnitas for my evening meal tonight...then I'm off to the races!
    Thank you for the welcome. I'm certainly not ready to fast much longer than 18hrs. I might creep around here a little to see how you all make out however.
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

I've done a 24hr one not tremendously long ago. I predict the S.O. wont make it past 24hrs, if that, but I'm going to try for four days just to see what happens.

M.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast