Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: February Fast page 2

Blueberry is offline Member
    Shop Now
    I'll give it a go. I've done a few 24hour ones before, with not too much trouble. Hubby away til monday so I'll see how far I get. Will have some salad in evening to share a meal with the kids - plan to keep it to about 50 - 100 cal.
    Just came back from a nice chinese buffet and managed to stay primal for most part and then I saw a piece of lovely cake... I am still well under 100g carbs for the day but I would love to get into ketosis at last.
    I am starting now - Friday 1st 8.20pm

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Day One

Looks like we've got MEversbergII, possibly Itchy166 and lougskypes, Ayla2010, and Blueberry. Plus me. Welcome all, and I hope you have a good experience. Would any of you like to post your goals/methods/starting stats if you are taking them for this fast? Weight loss, ketosis, autophagy, discipline, spirituality, why the hell not, etc? We've got some scattered details, but as you can probably tell from my posts, I am a chatter. I like the stories.

Checking in after my first day. I had to stay up later than usual last night, driving a carload of kids down winding country roads, so I am rather wiped this morning. I know it is from the sleep(also had to get up early to take Child to a school event) and am planning on heading back to bed after my chauffeur duties are done, and feeling much better when I wake up.

I got through yesterday with minimal hunger. I did find myself thinking, 'better get something to eat' a few times, before I remembered I was fasting, but it never got to the walking-into-the-kitchen stage. I made it through my social situation without eating. I had my cramps excuse all ready, but got there late, and in the bustle of things, never even had to give it. No one remarked that I wasn't eating, and when dessert came around two hours later, I was only praised for resisting. Social norms on my side for a change!

I had a normal bowel movement yesterday afternoon, and am expecting it to be my last for the duration. Noting it because it is easy to lose track of when was the last time when you get out of your normal routine.

Did not get to do any of the 'extras' I was planning due to my schedule, but I am looking forward to some dry skin brushing and a detox bath(epsom salts, baking soda, ginger) this afternoon.

How is everyone else?

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Like blueberry, I started on the 1st,at around 2300. Had guests, had dinner, etc.

Not been hungry today, nor was I really yesterday (I only ate one meal yesterday). I keep noticing the time and thinking like I should get something but I'm not all that hungry. Not that I've done much active stuff today!

Reasons: Discipline and Why not? I'd already be on day two if I hadn't had a lapse of the former, though Maybe I'll get back to ketosis.

Method: Don't eat anything, just drink tea. Minimum of two days (so I could eat late Sunday I suppose), though I'd like to go try for four (Late Tuesday I could break it) or so.

M.

Just passed the 48 hour mark. Feeling a little hungry, and tired because of not enough sleep last night. Looking forward to an early night tonight, both because of catching up on my sleep, and avoiding any nagging hunger.

My plans for breaking the fast are still up in the air. We haven't solidified our Super Bowl viewing plans, and that might decide whether I stop Sunday evening, or power through to Monday.

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    I derp'd and went into auto pilot mode and made soup.

At least it was good soup.

Next time, gadget!

M.

Day Two

I'm glad the soup was good. Strangely, I have noticed that when I am fasting (as opposed to IFing) I LOVE to cook and prepare food, without feeling any desire to eat it. Yesterday I made dried apples, and had everyone else sample them, and felt perfectly satisfied just smelling them and seeing how others were enjoying them. I also engaged in a long discussion with Littlest about sushi, and felt excited to make some...for her.

I guess my mind can work with the absolutes of fasting: no food, nope, not even a taste, don't worry about it. I fear I would do very well in a totalitarian regime. Not that I would LIKE it, but I would probably thrive.

I woke up feeling good: caught up on my sleep(10 1/2 hours) and feeling refreshed. My stomach feels empty, but not particularly hungry. (Of course, just as I type this, it let out a big gurgle!)

Yesterday I enjoyed a good dry skin brushing in the morning, and a detox bath while sipping detox tea in the afternoon. I still have not done any walking. Just don't feel like it. But all my other activities are proceeding apace. My energy is good.

How about everybody else?

Feeling good, but I am thinking I will break my fast at 6:30 tonight. That will put me at 72 hours. We are going to watch the Super Bowl at our local theater, and I'm thinking I want to enjoy some Super Bowl food. I will probably have a bunless burger with guacamole, and give the fries to my Honey.

This isn't from hunger, but just a desire to participate in the Super Bowl with some food. I guess it is as good a reason as any.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I forgot I was going to fast LOL.
    Just had raspberries and double cream, so will start now
    And wow 72 hours! Great.

Day Three

I finished with a big dinner for Super Bowl. The beef patty, as expected, plus the sweet potato fries, and some queso. Felt a little off after the fries, but recovered quickly, and enjoyed it all. Feeling good this morning, and NOT hungry. I felt like a walk yesterday, so got in 40" at a slow pace, and it was just right.

So, this fast was within my 2-4 days range (72 hours) but felt short to me. I think in March I will push myself to do the full 4 days. Luckily, there will be no Super Bowl to tempt me. I did not notice ANY light-headedness this time at all.

Sorry it didn't seem to work out for any one else this time. Join me in March if you're so inclined. My plan for this year is to do a regular fast at the beginning of every month.

Update- had a normal bowel movement this morning, so my digestion and elimination seems to have picked up where it left off without difficulty. I think this is a good sign that my body is handling the fasts well.
    Last edited by Sabine; 02-04-2013 at 06:49 AM. Reason: bowel update- you know how vital those are! :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12