Thread: after fat adaptation... page

gottadoitdifferent is offline Junior Member

Question after fat adaptation...

Primal Fuel
    I have only been primal for three weeks now, but I love it! Yesterday I woke up and it tasted like I was sucking on a penny, so I'm hoping that means Fat Adaptation!!! I have a lot of body fat I want to burn off and I understand the concept of IF's, but should I lower my fat intake on regular days to allow my body to burn its own fat stores? Any help would be appreciated!

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    I keep my fat percentage high, 70% (20% protein and 10% carbs- see the "eat Moar fat thread"). Rather than eat less fat, just eat less calories than your body needs. It will take the rest from your fat. I am losing well this way and I am A. a very difficult loser and B. within 10 lbs of my goal weight. So ketosis has been very powerful for me. Just don't push it too hard, you don't want your body to feel stressed too much and feel the need to try and cou terbalance the lack of calories. I'm eating 800 lbs below my calculated calorie needs for my activity level- then adding some exercise on top of that.
    Last edited by AshleyL; 01-31-2013 at 07:12 AM.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyL View Post
    I keep my fat percentage high, 70% (20% protein and 10% carbs- see the "eat Moar fat thread"). Rather than eat less fat, just eat less calories than your body needs. It will take the rest from your fat. I am losing well this way and I am A. a very difficult loser and B. within 10 lbs of my goal weight. So ketosis has been very powerful for me. Just don't push it too hard, you don't want your body to feel stressed too much and feel the need to try and cou terbalance the lack of calories. I'm eating 800 lbs below my calculated calorie needs for my activity level- then adding some exercise on top of that.
    This, also give it a couple more weeks before you change anything. Let your body get used to the new normal.

gottadoitdifferent is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks everyone for the advice!