Thread: Day 1 - (actually Day 3 however....) page

JayB is offline Junior Member

Day 1 - (actually Day 3 however....)

What a crap couple of days. Nothing to do with diet, and everything to do with external factors.

Day 1 - predominately protein, but feeling real sick. Nothing to do with change in eating, just a conicedence as I was feeling strange the day before.
    Day 2 - Yesturday. Again primarily protein. I do this for about 3 days as it kick starts ketosis and gets my mindset and self control real tight.

So Day 3 Today

B - 3 egg omelet with Spinach and cheese
    S - Almonds
    L - Skipped lunch, had a very stressful night. Lots of crying and and trying to work out a new situation so I really didn't feel up to eating. Tell myself that I've fasted. Thats sounds better :-)
    D- Chicken Breast (2 small ones) fried mushroom and onion, steamed zucchini & Broccilini
    Small glass of red lambrusco wine.

Right now is the tester. I know I haven't eaten enough by skipping a meal. I know my tummy is full however I want to eat. Same old for comfort.

Good thing my brain is tough today!

Turns out I can't drive for a while, so I bought a bike today. Was in a bit of a tizz when I realised my plans for restudying martial arts will have to wait till I'm independantly mobile again. However now that I have to ride to work and back and to pick girls from after school care, I figure I'm going to get way more excercise thatn I would've going to class. And I won't even notice it after a while.

Trim taught Jay on her way.

xx

Just found Paleotracker Journal. So here are the results for today.

Calories Quantity
    Protein 38% 181g
    Fat 55% 117g
    Carbs 7% 35g

Well thats made it heaps easier for me to work out how much meat to eat. 1 gram for every pound 186 pounds -= 186 grams. Couldn't figure out how much meat that acutally was.

Skipped lunch today would usually have tuna so this will bump it up a bit more.

However need to read again about how much fat and carbs I should be getting. I know I'm not getting enough carbs just now. Not too worried as it's how I kick into ketosis, however the whole fat thing still has me a little confused.

xx J

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JayB View Post
    Just found Paleotracker Journal. So here are the results for today.

Calories Quantity
    Protein 38% 181g
    Fat 55% 117g
    Carbs 7% 35g

Well thats made it heaps easier for me to work out how much meat to eat. 1 gram for every pound 186 pounds -= 186 grams. Couldn't figure out how much meat that acutally was.

Skipped lunch today would usually have tuna so this will bump it up a bit more.

However need to read again about how much fat and carbs I should be getting. I know I'm not getting enough carbs just now. Not too worried as it's how I kick into ketosis, however the whole fat thing still has me a little confused.

xx J
    1 gram of protein for every pound of LEAN BODY MASS.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Not long and My first week will be over!

Thankyou Louisa Look like I have to cut down the protein a little. Thing is that If I don't have it at every meal I get real hungry.

Around 150 grams of protein just doesn't sound like alot. Have to figure out how much meat/egg this actually is.

Day 4 went well. Did have to go to a 21st birthday so have a few beers and finger food, but tried to stick with the meat only options.

Source Calories Quantity
    Protein 15% 63g
    Fat 70% 129g
    Carbs 15% 63g

Have dropped on the scales. 83.9 kgs yay. Seem to be dropping about 100g or a little more a day. Even with the beer I didn't put on so thats great.

First ride on the bike today. Legs a feeling it, however I'm looking forward to riding daily. Should begin to notice some big improvements with my fitness.

xxJ

Another Good Day

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Went for my first bike ride - very funny. Geez I didn't realise how many hills were around my place.

Ate well today however the Paleo Journal I use to track has me eating something like 3000 calories which just doesn't seem right. Considering largest portion of my dinner were veggies. Had a steak for lunch, with nothing else. Nothing for brekkie. Lamb and veggies for dinner. That's it.

Not going to use the other journal anymore. My daily tests say I'm in ketosis and I really couldn't eat any less as I was really hungry this afternoon. Headspin hungry.

Will be interesting to see what the scales say. I can tell if I've done wrong, as I can jump 200-300 grams overnight. However when I'm on track I consistently lose very small amounts each day.

xx J