Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Becoming "fat adapted". page 3

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    @ Zach
    Low carb / ketotenic diets are show time and time again to be beneficial to the body...instead of trying to bait and troll people here do some basic research first please.
    No they really havent.

Im genuinely questioning these claims of the body using one fuel over another in response to a shift in macro intake. If people have good info like Drumroll just posted i will gladly read it. So far it seems that these terms a merely catch phrases.

Also why dont you post some research related to my question or stop whining.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    No they really havent.

Im genuinely questioning these claims of the body using one fuel over another in response to a shift in macro intake. If people have good info like Drumroll just posted i will gladly read it. So far it seems that these terms a merely catch phrases.

Here is an idea.
    How about you do your own research.
    Search the forums.
    Its not too difficult to do

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    No they really havent.

FYI, just some food for thought:

Nora Gedgaudas — The 'Holy Grail' of Primal Health: Benefits of a Fat-Based Caloric Intake for Body and Brain on Vimeo

"Primal mind: nutrition & mental health—improving the way you feel & function & cultivating an ageless mind" by Nora Gedgaudas on Vimeo

Eugene Fine, M.D.—Dietary Insulin Inhibition as a Metabolic Therapy in Advanced Cancer (AHS12)
    Last edited by Drumroll; 01-30-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    This thread has nothing to do with the merits or lack there of of a ketogenic diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Here is an idea.
    How about you do your own research.
    Search the forums.
    Its not too difficult to do
    How about no. Heres an idea for you, turn off your computer if you dont like my posts.

Zach is offline Banned
    Last edited by Zach; 01-30-2013 at 09:11 PM.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Humans are fat burning beast by default and everybody are perfectly adapted to it already. Most of the day and night you burn fat and some glucose, and occasionally ketone bodies, thats how human physiology works...
    Only if you haven't broken your metabolism by years of abuse. If you have broken it, then you may not be able to access your fat stores. Rather you'll crash. And need carbs to recover. Then the only time you'll burn fat is when you're sleeping
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

You are just looking for drama.
    You could have just searched for yourself and not started this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    Only if you haven't broken your metabolism by years of abuse. If you have broken it, then you may not be able to access your fat stores. Rather you'll crash. And need carbs to recover. Then the only time you'll burn fat is when you're sleeping
    Oh really? How long till this "crash" is going to happen for me then?

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    LOL.really??? So now you are saying if you are fat adapted you are NOT ketogenic....or is that what you numpty first post mentor claims?
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast