Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milk?? page 2

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyL View Post
    Just know that they are herd animals and you need a bare minimum of two. And they are kinda like potato chips.. just one more! There are miniature goats, mini lamanchas would be my recommendation for a small goat. They are funny looking, but you get used to the lack of ears, and they are more efficient than the standard sizes and have a higher butterfat to their milk. There are also mini nubians out there, but you don't get that nice breed character you get in the standards. But that wouldn't bother most, as a nubian breeder it bugs me
    Thanks for the info Ashley. Man, the only get 26" high and produce 3 1/2 quarts of milk a day. Not bad at all. Now I've got to see about what is involved as far as shelter and the like.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Milk is great, especially if you want to gain some weight...

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Milk is great, especially if you want to gain some weight...
    Oh no! I don't want to gain weight I want to lose it. I just like the taste of milk,but I don't have to have to much or to often.

If you stay in a calorie deficit it shouldn't matter anyway, but milk is a trigger food for me, so I avoid it when being on a diet. Instead I eat fresh low fat cheese to get calcium and kasein without the carbs and excessive fat...

BamaAla is offline Member
    I shunned all dairy when I began PB, but slowly started adding some back. Over a year later, I'm back on the milk wagon, but I am trying to gain now-a-days.

Mr. Sisson has a post about it if you search; he recommends raw, but that isn't realistic for the vast majority of Americans, so I just get the best I can get my hands on (non homogenized, pasteurized at the lowest allowed temp, grass fed, organic $6 dang dollars a gallon!)

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    If you stay in a calorie deficit it shouldn't matter anyway, but milk is a trigger food for me, so I avoid it when being on a diet. Instead I eat fresh low fat cheese to get calcium and kasein without the carbs and excessive fat...
    Why do you want casein?

Edit: Why do you want casein, if it is for the slow-digesting effects, but low fat cheese that has insulinogenic lactose in it anyway?
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 01-30-2013 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Why do you want casein?

Edit: Why do you want casein, if it is for the slow-digesting effects, but low fat cheese that has insulinogenic lactose in it anyway?
    The cheese that I use to eat have little lactose, so I don't care too much, and it don't seem to spike my insulin anyway. I eat around 100 gram of cheese together with raw vegetables like broccoli in my first meal of the day at 2 pm. Casein seem to help with dieting, there are some studies that indicates so...

The cheese that I use to eat have little lactose, so I don't care too much, and it don't seem to spike my insulin anyway. I eat around 100 gram of cheese together with raw vegetables like broccoli in my first meal of the day at 2 pm. Casein seem to help with dieting, there are some studies that indicates so...
    I don't doubt the effects of casein; I just doubt the effects of casein with lactose. I feel like whey is more health-friendly, though, since it has anti-inflammatory properties, and not many people have whey sensitivities vs casein sensitivities

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    I don't doubt the effects of casein; I just doubt the effects of casein with lactose. I feel like whey is more health-friendly, though, since it has anti-inflammatory properties, and not many people have whey sensitivities vs casein sensitivities
    If you are concerned about the spiking of insulin, then I can assure you that whey isolate spikes insulin even more than pure sugar! True story...

If you are concerned about the spiking of insulin, then I can assure you that whey isolate spikes insulin even more than pure sugar! True story...
    I don't doubt that. That's not my concern.

My concern is why you would spike your insulin with lactose at the same time as slowing down digestion with casein.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12