Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What obesity is good for page 5

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I don't judge obese people for the fact that they look the way they do. I don't hate them or would discriminate, give them funny or nasty looks.
    If I see an obese person at a buffet somewhere, finishing up a huge plate of deep fried chicken, pasta salad and fries. Then carrying another huge plate full of pasties, cookies and cakes. Well, then sure as hell a thought will cross my mind. Something along the lines of "do they really need to be eating all this and that much of it?"

And that person who implied that personal thoughts should be censored somehow and OP should be ashamed of hers in that particular situation, she probably "spoke" before realizing how absurd and ridiculous that will "sound".

OP has started an interesting and thought provoking thread.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I don't think peoples thoughts should be censored. You can think what the hell you want.
    But seriously some things are better left unsaid.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    I thought this thread was going to be about cannibalism.

Today is the first of the month and the corn-syrup fattened government-dependent class will be making their EBT pilgrimages to the supermarkets- when I see this parade I wonder if aliens run our welfare system with the intent of fattening the poor as a food source for themselves. Maybe they like nicotine seasoning too.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

But I agree with the OP- the best part of eating right and getting in shape, at least beyond the confines of my marital sex space, is seeing fat asses and thinking, "haha, fat asses" with genuine and worthy contempt. I don't feel shame for this because I was such a fat ass, and only moments of that contempt for myself turned it around. So obviously it is good.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Thin people think they are better than fat people. Smart people think they are better than stupid people. The well employed think they are better than the underemployed. The rich think they are better than everyone. Religious people think they are better than the unenlightened.

In the end, comparing yourself to others or letting a culture determine who is better than whom merely shows that you think others' opinions are more important than your own.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

nope. I know that I am not unique among men in that I move through my environment assessing the mating desirability of each potential partner- this is a property of human awareness shared with all other humans. So, I know that I have actively improved my assessment among everyone that I pass and have vaulted over the fat and the floppy. It is a biological fact and is experienced and enjoyed as such.

lemontwisst is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    This is why I HATE going out in public actually, because of people like you making me feel worse about the way I look.
    Nobody can 'make you' feel anything...how you end up feeling is a result of how you apply your emotions and thoughts (conscious and unconscious) to the situation you're in. You choose how something somebody else says or does makes you feel.

The OP didn't say at all that she judged the person she saw, only that her reaction after seeing the person was to just choose the sparkling water over what likely would have been a totally unsatisfying cafeteria-crap muffin. I don't see anything wrong with this, and I applaud her for having the cojones to say it here, fully admitting in her first sentence it is super bitchy.

And yes, I have been morbidly obese. This time ten years ago, I weighed in the neighbourhood of 345lbs (5'7" female, 23 at the time). I knew full well that people thought I was repulsive...but those were people who I didn't know, weren't part of my life, didn't f*cking matter one bloody bit. I thought I was awesome (on the inside) and those I chose to share my life with saw me for me, not the extra 180 pounds of fat on my body. Those 180 pounds are gone now, and those same people that loved me then still love me now. And there are still some people out there who'll call me a fat bitch (including one to my face in the grocery store parking lot three weeks ago) and, guess what? I still don't care what a stranger thinks about me.

I should maybe add that while I hate on fatties in the privacy of my mind, it would never occur to me to just up and insult them or treat them differently from other people or poorly in general as a consequence of this thought- I'm just saying, if you are more fit than fat people around you, the fact that they are there makes you feel better about your condition. Contempt feels good. There is no way people can argue that.

haha well sometimes- if I'm the only normalish person at a table of fat people, I think that they're cramping my style.

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    But I agree with the OP- the best part of eating right and getting in shape, at least beyond the confines of my marital sex space, is seeing fat asses and thinking, "haha, fat asses" with genuine and worthy contempt. I don't feel shame for this because I was such a fat ass, and only moments of that contempt for myself turned it around. So obviously it is good.
    nope. I know that I am not unique among men in that I move through my environment assessing the mating desirability of each potential partner- this is a property of human awareness shared with all other humans. So, I know that I have actively improved my assessment among everyone that I pass and have vaulted over the fat and the floppy. It is a biological fact and is experienced and enjoyed as such.
    I should maybe add that while I hate on fatties in the privacy of my mind, it would never occur to me to just up and insult them or treat them differently from other people or poorly in general as a consequence of this thought- I'm just saying, if you are more fit than fat people around you, the fact that they are there makes you feel better about your condition. Contempt feels good. There is no way people can argue that.

haha well sometimes- if I'm the only normalish person at a table of fat people, I think that they're cramping my style.
    You're entitled to your opinion, but it's not the same as the OP's.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think it's the same opinion...

she said, and I am paraphrasing, that her contempt for this fatbody inspired such fear and triumph in her that it literally altered her physiological appetite. I'm just more penetrating a spelunker and more comfortable with my shadow

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast