Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What obesity is good for page 4

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It would be tacky to glare at the person or make a comment. But it is what it is. That person probably knows they are being silently judged anyway.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Great thread. Takes courage for the OP to share her true feelings; I admire that.

Back in my post college days my GF would drive me to get ice cream after dinner for a good month straight. I was pretty fit and had massive carb cravings because I was coming off of 6 months of VLC. Anyway the ritual stopped the night we pulled up to Friendlys and a family of Obese people walked out eating ice cream. Instant crave-killer.

It's also the same reason I never smoke pot - stoners gross me out too much to want to have anything in common with them.

The end result is that I'm healthy, if also a judgey jerk sometimes.
    ad astra per aspera

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    One of the main reasons I don't have kids is because I watch the little weasels in public and say, "F*ck no." If someone doesn't want a muffin because my fatass is eating one - well, more power to them. I'll enjoy it and still won't give two sh*ts what they think.
    Well said and I completely agree with you.

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Imagine how that person would feel if you had said this to their face?
    Have you ever actually been morbidly obese? I doubt it or you would not have posted it.
    Thinking something like this is one thing, but posting it on a forum full of obese/overweight people trying to change their life is another thing. Just plain nasty as far as I am concerned.
    This is why I HATE going out in public actually, because of people like you making me feel worse about the way I look. I am sure that person feels bad enough about it already. Yes she was eating crap, but doesn't mean she doesn't want to or is not trying to change her life. Maybe she needs some help as she might not know how to lose weight.
    This kind of thinking bothers me. Are we supposed to be politically correct in our thoughts and feelings now? I get that people get offended when people post about obese people making them physically ill or calling them names but the OP was very polite, didn't call the person "a fucking fatty" or anything like that. She was just telling us about what had happened to her. I'm sorry but even if you are obese, or overweight or skinny as fuck, you still have "impure and immoral" thoughts about people you don't even know. Trying to pretend otherwise not helpful. People like this make me feel bad for having thoughts that aren't as pure as the driven snow. Ir is very easy to be mean. It is difficult to keep your thoughts to yourself. She didn't say anything to that lady and I commend her for it. She didn't name call in her post and that makes her better at keeping nasty thoughts to herself than me. This is a forum. Don't shame people for being at worst, a human being.

And to be a terrible person and politically incorrect: Keep on letting those fatties help you make good choices.
    And btw even stoners can be healthy people who work out, eat right, have healthy relationships, work 9-5, keep their house clean and pay their bills.
    Executive Stoners ftw.
    Last edited by Maureen M; 01-31-2013 at 11:29 AM.

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    The police showed us pictures of dead people in car crashes when I was in high school. The purpose was to motivate us not to drink and drive. I guess they could have shown us pictures of healthy happy sober people driving along the freeway, but I doubt it would have had the same effect. Either way, there aren't a lot of dead people around to object.

Motivation can come from either direction, a mental picture of what you want, or a mental picture of what you DON'T want. The OP was merely relaying what she didn't want.

BTW, both types of motivations work for me depending on the issue at hand. As far as the weight loss part of my journey, I focus on moving towards a healthier (and healthier looking) body. As far as me no longer drinking alcohol, I focus on moving away from the picture of an abuse alcoholic. I wasn't actually abusive, I just don't want to ever become that way - its the mental picture that motivates me.

Both of my mental pictures are stereotypes, one just focuses on the negative and the other on the positive.
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    i used to look in the mirror and go several more days without eating...

damned it did not one thing to stop my run away freight train of metabolic bullshit.

now i look in the mirror and tell myself that NOT eating didnt help, eating sometimes doesnt seem to help, so i basically stopped choosing my life actions based on my physical shell.....

except when i cant do something i want to do because i am still fatter than the average human my age and height....

then i have a lot of work to stop me from living in a very very dark place, the place where the 0.45 calibur seems a perfectly reasonable solution to the entire thing.

today you chose to treat yourself well because of your perceptions that someone else isnt treating themselves well.

perhaps one day you will treat yourself well because you know deep inside you deserve to be treated well.

until that day, do the right thing for the wrong reason. you are still doing the right thing
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

vtphoenix is offline Member
    Honestly, I know obese people who are dieting, and call other people that are even the slightest bit skinnier than they are, fat and gross. Pot meet kettle.

Is this supposed to be a "only fat people can call other fat people fat" thing?

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vtphoenix View Post
    Honestly, I know obese people who are dieting, and call other people that are even the slightest bit skinnier than they are, fat and gross. Pot meet kettle.

Is this supposed to be a "only fat people can call other fat people fat" thing?
    it is probably like the n word...

only those who truly are, use it in relation to themselves and others....

and it is always bad manners and poor form.

once you accept the reality that obesity is a disorder and a disease you realize that discussing it in less than respectful terms is much like calling someone a retard or a cripple....

it just isnt done.

this is not sparta.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post

damned it did not one thing to stop my run away freight train of metabolic bullshit.

now i look in the mirror and tell myself that NOT eating didnt help, eating sometimes doesnt seem to help, so i basically stopped choosing my life actions based on my physical shell.....

except when i cant do something i want to do because i am still fatter than the average human my age and height....

then i have a lot of work to stop me from living in a very very dark place, the place where the 0.45 calibur seems a perfectly reasonable solution to the entire thing.

today you chose to treat yourself well because of your perceptions that someone else isnt treating themselves well.

perhaps one day you will treat yourself well because you know deep inside you deserve to be treated well.

until that day, do the right thing for the wrong reason. you are still doing the right thing
    Thread's best post. Thanks. And just because I want to quote it one more time:
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post

this man is a gem.

i am the fat person and i do all my "bad" eating in private because i am mortified by the knowledge that people are judging me. granted anyone looking at me holding a cupcake and thinking "fuck that stupid fatty" is thinking that even when i am NOT holding the cupcake. they dislike me because i am fat, and anything else... cupcakes, accomplishments, personality, style, kale smoothie... is irrelevant. they see only fat.

i would MUCH rather think that some people see me and have thoughts that are at least self motivating. i would rather be a sad motivator than a cruel joke.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast