Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elevated liver enzymes and antibodies page

Mireia is offline Member

Elevated liver enzymes and antibodies

Primal Fuel
    Because of hormone related issues I had several tests done. Weirdly my liver enzymes and antibodies came back elevated. I don't drink, at all...so this is weird.
    My doctors suspects Autoimmune Hepatitis (the other Hep. were negative), and thinks I am the type of person to have Autoimmune anything (I have a History of Hashimoto's with TSH often normal, sometimes elevated and a Pituitary Tumor that since shrank and my prolactin levels are normal again.

I have been taking herbs to solve my hormonal imbalance and they took care of my acne and my PMS got much better, still hoping the hair loss will stop...but since these herbs also detox the liver I thought they may habe something to do with my levels? One year ago my results were in the higher range of normal.
    The herbal supplements I am taking are burdock root, milk thistle, Vitex and DIM.

Could my diet have to do anything with it? I was on low carb Paleo without noticing I was only consuming about 50g a day. I raised it to 100g for now (it seems hard for my body to digest Icarbs now, I get really bloated).

My doctor had me come in three times in a row and seems quite concerned. He was even speaking about hospitalizing me if the levels come back any higher? It seems a bit drastic...?

My results say this:
    P ANCA 1:60
    X ANCA 1:60
    Gamma GT 355+
    GOT ASAT 338 ++
    GPT ALAT 361 ++

Can anyone shine some light on this?

Stephanie is offline Member
    Mireia,

I have a lot of experience with this. If you would like to PM we can chat about it.

My son was having issues w/ post transplant autoimmune hep. recently. Luckily he was healed by the love of God.

aNYWAY, i'm here of you need me.

Mireia is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Mireia,

I have a lot of experience with this. If you would like to PM we can chat about it.

My son was having issues w/ post transplant autoimmune hep. recently. Luckily he was healed by the love of God.

aNYWAY, i'm here of you need me.
    Thank you! I don't know how to send PM's here but feel free to send me one. I am using an iPod and it is hard to navigate.
    Did your son eat a primal or paleo diet?

Mireia is offline Member
    Bump

Stephanie is offline Member
    He ate more of a WAPF diet along with both conventional medicine and natural medicine like homeopathy, chiro care, lymph drainage..he eventually got a liver transplant.

Your immune system has two main parts, t1 and t2, one part is being dominant than the other and that is what causes autoimmune diseases. You need to find a doctor that can bring up the less active part of your immune system so they are even, not one being more active than the other...

It's hard to explain.

If you do have an autoimmune disease the herbs can be causing more harm. For instance: the herb you take can be feeding the more active part of your immune system, which will be fueling the autoimmune disease. I would stay away from all herbs until you figure it out.

Did you get a liver biopsy? That is the sure way to confirm if you have the autoimmune hep.

Your levels are very high. Higher than when my son was in late stage liver failure, so I see why he's so concerned.

I also know of people who have contracted (even child whose mom gave her "dirty" herbs) autoimmune hep. from herbs being "dirty". I guess they can really cause big problems with the liver if they are contaminated and not treated properly.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

I also recommend looking into the healing codes. I have a big group of friends who do it and many have cured many types of diseases. Google/youtube it.

Mireia is offline Member
    Thank you for your answer!
    My levels seem to keep improving. I had some more tests done and my doctors giess now is that whatever had caused the problem might be healing up.
    I will have to test often though to make sure it does not go up and down.

Are you sure it is liver failure? Maybe the units used in Europe are different? Wouldn't I be feeling bad then?

Is there a way to tell if the herbs do more harm than good? I am reluctant about stopping because they have improved my other problems drastically. Even my thyroid is doing better now. My skin is extremely clear and glowing, so I took that as a good sign too.

I haven't gotten a liver biopsy so far. I will see what my doctor thinks about it.

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Yes, liver herbs can raise your liver enzymes, because of the increased liver activity. My mom is an RN, but works from home doing the herbal thing now. She says the herbs will increase them and let's people know that ahead of time if they are getting tested.

The doctors is only going to tell you it's bad, but he has no training in actual *healing* unless he has educated himself outside of his schooling.
    Last edited by AshleyL; 02-05-2013 at 07:04 AM.

Mireia is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyL View Post
    Yes, liver herbs can raise your liver enzymes, because of the increased liver activity. My mom is an RN, but works from home doing the herbal thing now. She says the herbs will increase them and let's people know that ahead of time if they are getting tested.

The doctors is only going to tell you it's bad, but he has no training in actual *healing* unless he has educated himself outside of his schooling.
    So that means the elevated liver enzymes are not really a bad sign then? Or can it still be dangerous?

emmie is offline Senior Member
    Work with your doctor! The liver is nothing to mess with. I, too, have Hashi's, and I'm sure you know that anyone with one autoimmune disease is a candidate for others.

Did you tell the doctor about the herbs you've been taking? They can surely skew your tests results, and the doctor needs to know about this.

You only have one liver, and it's essential for life. This is nothing to mess around with.

Mireia is offline Member
    Emmie
    I did tell the doctor and he said it was fine.
    Not sure if he knows it can affect the test result. I am certainly not risking anything and I have been seeing my doctor for frequent tests. It is just since my levels went down he is less worried now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast