Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Mini Non-Scientific Observation on Longevity page 2

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My grandfather turned 100 last year...and lived alone and drove a car up until 2 months ago. Unfortunately he is likely in the last months of his life with congestive heart failure setting in. However he lived more of the primal exercise habits...and ate homecooked meals (while my gram was still alive) but this did include grain. He never drank too much, never smoked and worked as a freakin' underground coal miner (and dodged the black lung!) But---he was ALWAYS doing something...biking, swimming, walking, working, push mowing lawns---including his church's into his early 90s.

HIs health went downhill more following my grams death and therefore his poorer eating habits...dianosed with stomach cancer at 97 (I TOTALLY believe this was diet induced), but opted for surgery and is still alive today.

Interesting study...I think we should all get off these damn computers and go do something! :P
    Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
    http://thewoodsygal.com/

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Knifegill, I don't think they were all Jewish and Italian - three were African American. Also, Jewish is a religion rather than a Nationality. But if I want to look further, I may take the time to check nationalities.

Solstice, my grandmother's doctor said it's very common with couples who both live to old age, for one to die within 18 mos of the other. So, I'm not too surprised your grandfather's health went downhill after your grandmother died. Good on him for being so active! It shows that it doesn't have to be grunting in a gym.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Happiness usually leads to longevity, imo, because it is an overarching means of reducing stress to the body.

Entertainers who are true to what they believe in (I'm talking non-Snookie personalities) tend to understand that more? Hence living longer?

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    My grandmother actually died back in 1999---so he's been widowed for nearly 14 years! I think I might die of a broken heart when my honey goes (if he's first!)
    Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
    http://thewoodsygal.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12