Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you say something or just keep quiet? page

Primal123 is offline Senior Member

Would you say something or just keep quiet?

Primal Fuel
    My child's swim team sent out an invitation to a pre championship swim meet "Pasta Pump Up" The "menu" consists of several types of pasta, salad, bread, cake, and water. Geez.

I want to send an email to the coach and say soemthing like I thought you might be interested in the following books and list Wheatbelly, The Primal Blueprint, and The Paleo solution. I realize it's probably futile but this menu makes me feel sick and sad for these kids who are actually being encouraged to eat this way.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I don't think it would be appropriate. Can you imagine sending out an invite to a team dinner and sharing your menu of excellent primal meals (nothing overtly "fatty", fairly healthy looking to CW standards), and having someone email back with information on how meat is bad for you? And how veganism will save the world? It would piss me off and not set the right tone.

You could, however, express concern over not appearing to have any alternatives for gluten-sensitive kids. Maybe no one has that problem on the team, so that would make it a harder case to push. To me, the first step is highlighting that not everyone has the same needs.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I would say something. In fact, I would get so riled up, I wouldn't write the letter, but I'd go down there, with physical copies of those books so they can see me shout from the top of my pedestal, not just metaphorically.

Fight for your rights man.
    nihil

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I would say something. In fact, I would get so riled up, I wouldn't write the letter, but I'd go down there, with physical copies of those books so they can see me shout from the top of my pedestal, not just metaphorically.

Right on!

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    I wouldn't say anything. Think about this:

You coach a swim team, so you want to have an event and call it the "BBQ Pump Up." This pisses off some vegan mother whose child is on the team, so she gives you a list of vegan literature for you to read, followed by a rant on saturated fat and cholesterol, topped off with the ethics of consuming animal tissue.

Don't be that person. Just don't go. People are always going to eat pasta.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post

See, it's reactions like this that discredit the movement. It makes it sound like the diet is populated by wackos and conspiracy theorists that knock on your door at 7am on a Saturday to jam their religion down your throat. Sensible people don't react like that. Fringe minorities and religious fundamentalists do. You can't fight for rights if none are being trampled on. You just look nuts.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    See, it's reactions like this that discredit the movement. It makes it sound like the diet is populated by wackos and conspiracy theorists that knock on your door at 7am on a Saturday to jam their religion down your throat. Sensible people don't react like that. Fringe minorities and religious fundamentalists do. You can't fight for rights if none are being trampled on. You just look nuts.
    I was being sarcastic man

I agree with you completely haha
    nihil

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Choco, I think he was being sarcastic as was his tag team buddy Zach. Their agenda is pretty much to make us look nuts and they push every button possible to do so.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

sarahelyse is offline Member
    Unless its a required event, I wouldn't say anything. I used to be part of a crew team that would have spaghetti dinners the night before a regatta. Not everyone participated, so if you really don't want to go, don't.

That being said, it probably is a fun bonding experience, so I might inquire as to options for those with gluten sensitivity, or (even better!) offer to cook up a few things yourself to bring!

Just don't shove your beliefs down someone else's throat, no matter how scientifically sound those beliefs are.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahelyse View Post
    Unless its a required event, I wouldn't say anything. I used to be part of a crew team that would have spaghetti dinners the night before a regatta. Not everyone participated, so if you really don't want to go, don't.

That being said, it probably is a fun bonding experience, so I might inquire as to options for those with gluten sensitivity, or (even better!) offer to cook up a few things yourself to bring!

Just don't shove your beliefs down someone else's throat, no matter how scientifically sound those beliefs are.
    +1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast