Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you say something or just keep quiet? page 2

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    holy shit. just go. and let the kids enjoy the pasta. or bring some glute free pasta if your child shows a gluten sensitivity. please for the love of god don't be "that parent."
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, it was a spur of the moment thought because this stuff happens all the time and my child is gluten and dairy sensitive so yeah they miss out on all the activities that include food because even when I bring food for everyone, they feel left out so they choose not to attend. Alternatives, would have been nice. Thanks for those who provided a reasonable response to my question even if you thought it was a stupid question perhaps just ignoring it might have been a better choice.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    I'd just raise my kid the way I know works, and leave everyone else alone unless they ask.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Mireia is offline Member
    I don't think it will go anywhere, as sad as it is.
    I tell everyone my son and have food intolerances. That is the only thing that people have some respect for. Telling them we eat Paleo never worked. On the contrary, it sparked arguments.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    holy shit. just go. and let the kids enjoy the pasta. or bring some glute free pasta if your child shows a gluten sensitivity. please for the love of god don't be "that parent."
    Ha, I only just got your username reference. Nice! The Dude abides...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I wouldn't say anything. Think about this:

You coach a swim team, so you want to have an event and call it the "BBQ Pump Up." This pisses off some vegan mother whose child is on the team, so she gives you a list of vegan literature for you to read, followed by a rant on saturated fat and cholesterol, topped off with the ethics of consuming animal tissue.

Don't be that person. Just don't go. People are always going to eat pasta.
    But vegans aren't real people, so it doesn't matter if they get upset.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I think it's personally reasonable for you to speak up for your child. That is to say, to go to the coach and talk about this issue of always being left out -- not because you are a difficult parent, but because the child has a real issue.

Nut allergies are taken seriously in the US. This coach would not be allowed to have a "nut up" before a game anymore, you know?

Here in NZ, GF is taken seriously. You could see if you could set a meeting and find out if the coach can think of alternatives. this way, your child gets to participate, which is important for your child and for team building (which is really the point of these activities. . . this is for team building).

I think if you took that approach, it would go over fine. Just "here's the problem my kid is having. . . and I was wondering if there's a way to solve it."

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Moose View Post

13 years old?
    Last edited by Derpamix; 01-30-2013 at 12:00 PM.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Sounds like they're carb loading, it will probably help their swim meet.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Stephanie is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Moose View Post
    Ummm funny! lol..

Anyway,

I would just say that you/your child doesn't eat gluten/wheat and tell him you will be bringing some of your own dishes to share.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast