Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Adding potatoes after 10 years of VLC: ouch! page 4

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Are you saying there's a way to reduce libido? Nothing has ever done that.
    I hear thinking about your mother helps.

Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    He's a thinking man who reads and digests information and the PHD book is full of factual, researched information. That doesn't mean he has to agree that potatoes are the heros of the world or that recommending the book means he lied about "potatoes for everyone".

Quote Originally Posted by tiva View Post
    If given the choice between a roasted rutabaga and a roasted potato, I'll pick the rutabaga every time.
    I think roasted rutabagas are way better than potatoes too. The only good thing about potatoes is I can keep them in my desk at work and pop them in the microwave. I don't have to do a lot of peeling or cutting.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

otzi Guest
    I am a bit of a potato nut, I admit, but reading through this blog makes me glad I am. Click on the links, too--very good info on potatoes!

Are Potatoes Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I liked the PHD too....doesn't mean you can't have your own opinion on very specific portions of it. I think the phrase "don't throw the the baby out with the bath water" fits for why JS gave it such a good review.

And his first post is better Are Potatoes Paleo? | Mark's Daily Apple .....cause its Lord of the Rings!
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 01-31-2013 at 09:02 AM.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I am a bit of a potato nut, I admit,
    Ice water yesterday, potatoes today - what will Otzi's fad be tomorrow?!*

*Please not fecal transplants. Please not fecal transplants...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Ice water yesterday, potatoes today - what will Otzi's fad be tomorrow?!*

*Please not fecal transplants. Please not fecal transplants...
    You left out a few:

LC
    VLC
    Cyclical Ketogenic Diet
    Warrior Diet
    IF'ing
    48hr fasting
    Oil Pulling
    Breathing Exercises
    Ice Baths
    Potato Diet

The fads I have never done and don't plan on:
    Whole 30's
    48+ hr fasting
    Vegetarian/Vegan
    Earthing/Grounding
    Wearing blueblocker glasses
    Iodine megadosing

All-in-all I am glad I tried so many different things, gives one a sense of what works and what doesn't.

What's next? A really long run of PHD style, starch heavy, muscle building, non-weight watching life. Gettin' cold in winter, gettin' some sun in summer. Pretty much done with fads, hacks, and forums...

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Keep up your experiments otzi, trying out diffrent stuff is what we are learning from!

Zach is offline Banned
    I think everyone should practice grounding/earthing. Its free and it theres nothing better then going barefoot in the summer!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    You left out a few:

LC
    VLC
    Cyclical Ketogenic Diet
    Warrior Diet
    IF'ing
    48hr fasting
    Oil Pulling
    Breathing Exercises
    Ice Baths
    Potato Diet

Whole 30's
    48+ hr fasting
    Vegetarian/Vegan
    Earthing/Grounding
    Iodine megadosing

All-in-all I am glad I tried so many different things, gives one a sense of what works and what doesn't.

What's next? A really long run of PHD style, starch heavy, muscle building, non-weight watching life. Gettin' cold in winter, gettin' some sun in summer. Pretty much done with fads, hacks, and forums...
    I'm just teasing ya Otzi I respect you for continually pushing the envelope.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

OneDeltaTenTango is online now Senior Member
    good call. Hard to blame you.

Happy Paleo Girl is offline Senior Member

Whole 30's
    48+ hr fasting
    Vegetarian/Vegan
    Earthing/Grounding
    Iodine megadosing
    I gotcha covered! I sleep grounded, use a grounding mat underneath my keyboard at work, and sit in the backyard with my bare feet in the grass every morning (which is way better than the grounding mats!).
    I've done the blueblocker glasses at night, but lately I can't even stay awake past 10pm, no matter how many lights are on!
    I've been building up my iodine dose slowly over the past year. I've finally gotten up to 12.5 mgs daily and feel better than I have in a LONG time!

+1!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast