Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eating your placenta! page 2

quikky is offline Senior Member
    This thread killed my appetite. I knew I should have stayed out of here.

cori rock is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for all the replys and support rather than judgement!! I'm bummed I didnt' think of it earlier because I'm due any day now and I haven't even talked to my doc about it yet. They may think the crazy woman has let loose if I give birth and then start yapping on and on about putting my placenta on ice to keep it fresh for the feeding

This is my first and have no history of PPD, but the breast milk benefits and help with PP bleeding are enough for me. Plus, I'm not one to waste anything so I'll be looking for recipes until I deliver. No one here in my town encapsulates placenta AND my hubby is not as primal as I am so I may shy away from grilling it on the BBQ or our favorite cast iron..... so I'll probably cube it, freeze it in pieces and throw it in a shake OR grill up some when his head is turned and he doesn't know any better

eddie trowel is offline Junior Member
    go for it if you wish,i have heard of this before.i think there was something on tv about it a few years ago.

personally i now feel like doing a fast even though dinner is nearly ready.

Sorry for the appetite killer....since being pregnant I've researched a number of "unpleasent" studies I'm actually a long time MDA follower and first time poster because this is the ONLY place I think it would be a SOMEWHAT acceptable topic

Mireia is offline Member
    You can still submit your birth plan and include that you want to keep the placenta!
    I would have eaten mine, but I was post term and it was not in a good state.
    Been dealing with some sort of postpartum anxiety since the birth of my son. Like I would get flashes of potentially dangerous situations, things happening to my son. It was like a short movie clip and I was always so worried about his safety. It has gotten a bit better. I also learned to deal with it. But I will for sure eat the next placenta if it means I won't have this horrible problem. I don't care if I have to eat it right there...put some ketchup on it...yum :P

Stephanie is offline Member
    This is very popular in the natural mommy world here in Colorado! I have a lot of friends who do it.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    After eating the placenta make sure to give your partner a nice placenta-burp when kissing him…

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    After eating the placenta make sure to give your partner a nice placenta-burp when kissing him…
    haha! I may have to sneak it out in my diaper bag. If he knew what I planned to do with it, he may never kiss me again!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pogo0685 View Post
    I had my placenta encapsulated with my second son (born 5 weeks ago) and it was the best thing I could have done for myself.
    My midwife did this for me, for my second son. I still have some left, they are meant to also be great for menopause.
    Nothing gross about it. I considered eating it, but then decided it was easily to get made into capsules.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Cori, you can just cut it up into tiny pieces and swallow them frozen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast